Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i noticed my valves were ticking a little so i decided to do a valve adjustment. i didnt have time to do it myself so i took it to the dealer and let them do it. i go pick it up today and the ticking is 10 times worse than it was. im talking so loud that i could hear them about 30 yds away as i walked up to the car.

so i get the service guy that did it out to hear this crap and he said that he adjusted them to "factory specs". he tried to tell me that it was the s/c that was making the ticking noise, then he said it could be the timing belt because he saw that it was a lil loose (but didnt think to tighten it up!)

im so pissed off right now because i take the time to take the car to get this done, then they do something to it and now im just goin to have to do it myself anyways!!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 01, 2006 04:39 PM: Message edited by: 00TypeR ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, u guys want to see what happends when u take ur car to a certified acura dealership? well here are some pics for u! lets see if u can see whats wrong with these pictures?!?

PICT0016
    PICT0019

the nut is gone and i SEE no damage. that doesn't mean there isnt any there. i highly doubt that the nut was even put back on (dont know y they took it off in the first place tho) because it was chattering horribly when i picked it up and raised hell then. the only thing i can think of is they didnt put the nut back on, or the nut fell into the oil return feeds. the feeds look big enough to allow the nut to fall through but i just dont know.

i took pics to the service manager today and just got back. they r trying to tell me that it was chattering that bad when i took it in and they r still trying to tell me that its slack in the timing belt. the guy that worked on it is supposedly the shop foreman, so that tells u who they are going to side with.

their idea of a fix was to give me two nuts that they thought would work and to just have me put the lock nut back on (neither which are the right size, so i have to order the right size now!)

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He didn't remove it... he simply didn't tighten it fully during the adjustment. After you cranked the car, it slowly worked it's way loose until it flipped off the top... and it probably fell into the pan. Might I suggest draining the oil and using a small magnet, fish it out of the pan. If it looks to be undamaged, then re-install it and adjust that exhaust valve and go about your business.

I am truly stunned that they would defend this type of "Low Quality" work... they should be ashamed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do jou have warrenty on the service they deliver? I mean i work for a Mazda dealership in Holland and we fuck up the customer gets their damage repaired. If they give you a hard time you could go to Honda USA and complain. Its just a real stupid mistake.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i dont know what they would've done if it would have messed something up. i did find the nut in the oil pan. it just fell through into the pan. re-installed and everything is good now. purs like a kitten.

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WOW... that was lucky.
    Glad to hear everything is OK.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Foot-pegs,
    Shocks,
    LUCKY!

U take it off any SWEET jumps?

You are very fortunate. I would contact Acura of North America or the BBB (Better Buisness Bureau).