Thread: Need advice regarding ASR's subframe reinforcement plate...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi. I've been online trying to do a little research on subframe reinforcement kits. So far I have a general understanding of how it works.

My concern, however, is that I haven't been able to find much info on how the kits hook up to the subframe post-tearout.

In my case, one of the mounting holes for the swaybar's D-bracket is completely ripped out. Will I need to have this area repaired before installing the reinforcement kit (ie. Can ASR's kit, or any other brand, be bolted and installed over the damaged area of the subframe successfully?).

Thanks in advance.

Adrian

P.S. Great to see this site still up and running!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I come here from time to time. Some familiar names still here...although the post count has gone down. There used to be 10s if not hundreds of posts on this forum every day.

Ah, sometimes I miss the good ol supercharged Integra days. Mine is still running but its owned by a friend of mine. Well over 100k miles on it now.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

CROM, you hijacked this man's thread !!!
    hahahahaha

I am not sure if you must repair the subframe first or you can install the A-Spec Racing (ASR) reinforcement plate directly over the damaged area. I suggest you send an E-mail to their tech support dept. and pose this same question... then let us know what you find out.

Jim

Senior Hostboard Member rjaffey's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi CROM. Mine's still running too and owned by a good friend in the neighborhood. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry A-dub5513, not much help on the question. I agree with JR though, this sounds like a question for tech support, though they'll probably recommend that you have the damage repaired to avoid any liability on their part. If the tear in the subframe is significant, it may not provide sufficient support for the backing plate. I'd also have a look at the other three mounting holes to be sure they aren't partially torn already.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.