Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Does anyone make rocker panels for the 3rd door on these suburbans or do you have to cut a full one down to fit?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You must cut down a reg. rocker to fit, unless you can find an original one. I don't know of any company that is reproducing this item, but with the increasing popularity of these subs, I wouldn't be suprised to see some. Just look at what has become availible for the trucks in the last year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

can you use the lower portion of fleetside repair panels for the rear qrtrs? i bought a sub with lower repair panels all the way around. I plan on taking them back off and hopefully reusing them. The previous owner just put them over the rusted ones. I can not find many repair panels for these Subs either. Anything I need I will try to use the pickup bed repair parts I guess.

------------------
    72 Suburban 1/2 Ton
    454, 400AT
    (my current project)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello again,
    Yes, most people use the fleetside repair panels on the suburbans, they will work, but it takes a while to get them to fit correctly. The important thing is to take your time with them, tack weld everything first and check all door gaps and body lines to make sure they line up nicely. Hopefully Goodmark or some other company will see the need for quality replacement parts for suburbans, not just the trucks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I talked to the owner of mothertruckers who claims he now has rear quarter patch panels for suburbans. he said that they would be listed on his site but are not as of yesterday. he gave me a price of around 40 bucks per side i think and he said a company named tabco makes them i found there number but have not been able to get ahold of them must be a busy place i stayed on hold near 45 minutes long distance to ohio. If anyone else wants to try it the number is 216 729-5151. i do not even know if they sell to the public but it would be nice to cut out the middle man.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

SORRY TO HEAR YOU FEEL THAT WAY ABOUT THE (MIDDLE MAN),IF YOU WANT THEIR ADDRESS AND WHO TO TALK TO WHEN YOU GET THERE LET ME KNOW!THEY ARE VERY HAPPY TO SELL THE PARTS TO YOU FOR MORE THAN I DO

[This message has been edited by MOTHERTRUCKER (edited April 20, 2000).]