Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Both the Suburbans with and without a rear seat had partial middle seats with armrests. I have never seen an actual rear seat, but I am going to put one from a '79 blazer in mine. You know, the kind that is removable.

------------------
    Restoring my 70' Burb.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Both the Suburbans with and without a rear seat had partial middle seats with armrests. I have never seen an actual rear seat, but I am going to put one from a '79 blazer in mine. You know, the kind that is removable. Anynone done this before?

------------------
    Restoring my 70' Burb.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No My suburban came stock with a bench in front and a full length middle seat with armrests. I have since taken them out and mounted seats from a 94 suburban with the fold down middle seat that sits almost flush with the step up so I have so much more room to carry things in the back. I also put the captains chairs in front and the removable rear seat.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking

Well guys,I don`t know,but I might be able to clear some of the confusion up. I`ve got a `69 `parts `burb with a full second seat (no rear seat) and it does not have any armrests.(The seat is already spoken for) Someone above said that the full width rear seat was different than the front seat as I had said that they were the same. They are correct in saying that they are different but only because of the rear brackets, otherwise, I believe that they are the same as a p/u,blazer, or front seat out of a `burb. Let me know if you find out anything different.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've owned or been part owner in 6 of these suburbans and looked at hundreds more. Some have had the "full" second seat with arm rests on both ends with the ashtrays (the one on the door end made in uncomfortable to get in and out). These trucks obviously had no third seat. The option including the third seat had the shorter middle seat with arm rests also. And also had the short third seat that mounted between the fender wells.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As I said before, the factory rear Suburban seat had armrests and ashtrays....they were a pain in the @ss to get into and were ugly, I would go with a later model set of seats both front and rear, I have 1997 Suburban seats in mine and it looks sweet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Of all the configurations mentioned, I haven't heard mine. My '72 has a bench front and buckets rear. They are white vinyl and herringbone. Look factory to me. Is this unusual?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a 71 custom 10 suburban that I'm parting out. it has the front seat and the middle seat with arm rests in it. They are white and will need too be recovered due to age. the foam is good on the 2nd seat front seat needs too have minor foam repairs done.
    $100 for both seats and you pay for shipping.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Where are you located w/ the seats? Doc

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've lost track of where we are on this thing. I too need a full width 2nd seat. Armrests, no armrests, I don't care. I just need something that'll bolt in so I can bring the kids. I had intended to put in a 3rd seat but have decided that the ride in the back of our 4x4 is unsuitable for humans.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast