Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good Morning:

I have just purchased the truck of my dreams and am inteested in keeping the truck mostly stock with a few comfort and performance modifications.

Can anyone recommend an engine and transmisssion setup which will increase my performance from the stock 235; while keeping the use of the Floor Foot Starter, and the 3 speed column transmission shifter.

Additionally, I wish to lower the front end of my truck without investing in an expensive IFS system.

Any recommendations are very helpful.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on finding your dream truck, and for the motor, there are numerous powerplants available, you will need to figure out how to rewire the foot starter to the new motor. If you want fast and reliable speed, you can always do an LT1 swap, It is a computer controled motor, so you will also need to make room for the ECU, and all of the new wiring that goes with it. Or you can keep it more original and swap a wide range of GM blocks into it. Most common is the 350, but you can get good power out of any 327-400 small block if they are built right. If you are daring, you can swap a bigblock, but that will require some modifaction under the hood the get it to bolt in. The transmission, if it is an auto, the only choice you will have to keep your 3 speed column shifter, is a 3 speed transmission, which is the Turbo 350. As for lowering the truck, If my memory serves me right you have leaf springs all around. You can find some mono leafs that can give you a 4" drop in the front, and a 5" drop in the back with the reverse eye leaf.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 23, 2002 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Suburban lvr 72 ]</font>