Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

What would you call the weather striping around the inside of the door, that covers the spot-weld. Not on the door, on the body.

Where would i buy something like that, for my 3 door.

Inactive Member '72ghetocrewz'r's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They are called door weatherstrips(even though they are glued to the cab). Brothers(www.brotherstrucks.com) and LMC Truck parts(lmctruck.com) have them,Brothers is cheaper on a set for all three doors. GMCPaul's probally has them also. I'd try him first since I think he sponsors this board. I'm waiting until I'm finished painting mine before I do the weatherstrips and I'll probally call him for mine. He has alot of Suburban parts that nobody else sells. Hope this helps you out and if you need anything else don't hesitate in asking, I'm sure someone will answer. Later

Inactive Member '72ghetocrewz'r's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They are called door weatherstrips(even though they are glued to the cab). Brothers(www.brotherstrucks.com) and LMC Truck parts(lmctruck.com) have them,Brothers is cheaper on a set for all three doors. GMCPaul's probally has them also. I'd try him first since I think he sponsors this board. I'm waiting until I'm finished painting mine before I do the weatherstrips and I'll probally call him for mine. He has alot of Suburban parts that nobody else sells. Hope this helps you out and if you need anything else don't hesitate in asking, I'm sure someone will answer. Later

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, I was not sure what went over that part of the truck, then one of my friends bought a 72 Chevy truck 3/4 ton, all stock, I looked at his doors and notices the rubber piece that I was missing. I shopped online trying to find the right weather striping. I hesitated to get it not knowing the correct name.....thanks a lot...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We carry the door opening weatherstrip. Its available in a 3 piece kit, one for each door, or you can purchase each piece separate also by specify which door is needed.
    You'll find them here on our web site.
    http://www.gmcpauls.com/Suburban_-_Panel.htm
    GMCPaul