Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Which doll table has the greatest surface area? I have Josefina but think her table wouldn't hold Kit's birthday table setting. I might be able to get a table soon and want to get the biggest one. I'm leaning toward's Kit's table because I'm collecting Kit's things and I love green. But if her table is small, then I might go for Felicity's, which would actually match my dining room too. Also, is Samantha's table sturdy?
    Thank you!
    Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have Samantha's table and it seems sturdy to me. In case you are wondering, I measured for you, and its surface area is approx. 39.27 in^2. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Ann (Leia at heart):
    I have Samantha's table and it seems sturdy to me. In case you are wondering, I measured for you, and its surface area is approx. 39.27 in^2. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool! Thank you Ann! And thanks for doing that math!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

horsemom, you are right, I can't believe I made such a gaffe! [img]redface.gif[/img] I really should know better *hides face*

The REAL surface area of Samantha's table is 122.72 in^2.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ha-ha- I totally understand Ann. It's been so long since I did math that I had to look up the formulas since I couldn't remember which was which! This social science major hasn't really done any math but statistics and balancing the checkbook for almost seven years (and I'm loving every minute of it!).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so we have the following:
    Felicity's table - 113.04 sq.inches
    Samantha's table - 122.72 sq.inches
    Kirsten's table - 181.5 sq.inches

If anyone knows the radius of Kit's and Addy's tables, I can estimate the surface area. And if we have width and length of Molly's table, I'll figure out hers.

I know this is odd info but it really is useful to me. I can only fit one table in my house so I'll have to settle for the biggest. The tilt top feature of Felicity's table is definitely a plus.

Once I have the table, the first thing my girls are going to do is mini scrapbooking! I've had all their little supplies in a box for over a year now. I even have about two dozen tiny I-Zone photos for them to use. It will be super fun. And since my girls will have their own space, I won't have to clean off their table every night. They can even do an All-Night Crafts Pajama Party!

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't have Kit's table, so I can't help you with measurements. However, a friend's daughter has it, and brought it over once so that I could see it. It is REALLY STURDY - made of that green metal, which is very solid and quite heavy. (Just in case sturdiness factors in at all....) It's also really pretty - and her party treats are adorable.

I have Felicity's table, which holds a lot - I have four place settings with her chocolate pot on it, and there is still room to put other things on it.

Judy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Felicity's table is 113.04 square inches in surface area, not including the scalloped edge (since it can't hold stuff). The table is one foot in diameter.

I think Samantha's table measurement is actually the circumference (2*pi*r) rather than the surface area (pi*r^2). It's hard to write this math stuff without special characters!

To give you a comparison of Felicity and Samanatha's tables (since I don't have Samantha's to measure), Felicity's table's circumference is 37.68". So Sam's table is a little larger than Felicity's. I have to say though, I highly recommend Felicity's table. It's gorgeous and since it's a tilt-top, it's very easy to store when not in use. [img]smile.gif[/img] I love it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I forgot, in case you care, Kirsten's table is approx. 16.5"x11", making the surface area 181.5 square inches.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry for the late post! I just got around to measuring Kit's table. It is appx. 13.5 inches across, a bit smaller than Felicity's (appx. 14 inches). It is incredibly cute, but the ends are rounded, making the surface of the top seem a little smaller. Felicity's table holds place settings very well because it has a ridge around the outside. Let us know what table you decide on, they are both adorable!

Edited to add the table settings on Kit's table seem *very* crowded, at least to me. I don't think you could fit more than 2 settings with all the party treats.

<font color="#020176" size="1">[ January 31, 2004 12:32 AM: Message edited by: NurseSarahRN ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast