Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what you guys think of a 94-95 Impreza L (2.2L not 2.5 RS). i want to get another awd but not dsm or audi powered. i was thinking along the lines of swapping a dohc 2.2 legacy turbo block and 2.5RS n/a heads. [img]wink.gif[/img] should lower c/r to 7:9.1-8:5.1 enough to handle 20psi on 93oct lol.

anyone know people in the scooby scene?

not getting rid of crx at all either. just want a different feel. if not i'll do 2 things i'd never thought of doing.. getting 1.another mustang and 2.car payments. so alternate plan of subaru venture: downpayment and buying a used/new 02'+ Cobra, 14psi Lightning pulley and 100shot =500-600whp.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I used to have a Legacy GT 2.5 AWD. I wish I had gone with the 2.2L because the 2.5 DOHC are known for headgasket problems. Subaru's are decent cars but when they get up to 100k miles then things start to break on them. There is a lot of work involved when swapping turbo Subaru motors in an Impreza L. Wiring alone could take around 25-40 hours.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would buy a Subaru just to get me around in the winter.

My bro has a WRX and kicks himself every day for trading in his 99 Civic Si for it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i wanted to get something like that for the winter too. this guy was selling one with an older jdm sti twin turbo motor in it with a large front mount and a stand alone system for about 8,000. i didnt get a chance to buy it because it was already gone.

stay away from the mustang (my opinion), and get that legacy. it is going to be a ton of work, but it'll be worth it in the end. even if you keep the legacy stock, itll be a good winter car.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 25, 2005 12:30 PM: Message edited by: staticchmbr ]</font>