Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

which do you guys recommend? I'm planning on swapping one in eventually and was wondering which would be best for me. I know the B16A has around 25 more hp, but the ZC is easier to swap. I'm also assuming that the ZC is cheaper...? I know I'm gonna need an Si transmission as well... I wanna get it at around the end of the summer, and by then I should have around $2500 to spend. which should I get?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The B16A is a good engine. all you need is the engine mount kit (if you already have an Si) I guess you have a base model(STD) in which case you have to run wires for the 2 more injectors if you get a ZC or a B16A. I would save up longer and do it right! Save up get the B16A and a Trany with an LSD. It is worth it in the long run.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by civic1991:
    The B16A is a good engine. all you need is the engine mount kit (if you already have an Si) I guess you have a base model(STD) in which case you have to run wires for the 2 more injectors if you get a ZC or a B16A. I would save up longer and do it right! Save up get the B16A and a Trany with an LSD. It is worth it in the long run.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

so what are you trying to say... that the ZC is the "wrong way"!!! j/k i would have gone b16 too if i was going more engine than show. But since i didnt want to spend that much on the b16 (although i spent over 3G on my ZC) i wanted to go more show.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well I was just thinking it over and thinking about what my dad was telling me... is it really worth it to put all this money into a new engine for a 90? my dad was saying that if I'm gonna pour all this money into a car I might as well buy a newer car. but he just doesn't understand... [img]tongue.gif[/img] I mean I can do whatever I want with my money... but... would it be better to just buy a 5th gen and THEN buy an engine?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

aww i contiplated the same thing...and this is what i ended up with: new car means selling you current car, and then fronting more money to buy a newer car. if you get a somewhat newer car that means car payments, newer car means higher insurance, and since both you and I have std models putting a b16 in will not raise your insurance and will be faster than any new honda/acura, civic, accord, and maybe a lude (if done right) in the long run its more feesable to do an engine swap instead of buying a new car.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And also, you would NOT be buying a new car; you'd be making a down payment. If you want to buy a decent used car is still $6000+. All that money you could put it into your car and make it better than any other stock honda. Just add up a turbo, you'll have lots of fun
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What about the H22A. I have recently been hearing rumors about it fitting in the 88-91's. Now thats the engine for me. I remember hearing that you would have to bend out your fire wall, now I hear you don't? do any of you know the answer?

By the way the ZC is "not the wrong way to go", It's your car. Do you want an Si or an SiR?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

man! I'd love to put a H22, but I'm concern about the weight. People say that it may tip the car to the front and the bottom may scratch.
    I"m gonna put a B16A, but I'm rebuilding it. If any of you can tell me what parts are good to modify, I'll appreciate it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With a stiff front end there are no problems. After market struts and springs will do. As for the engine scratching on the road the only thing close is the oil pan, and thats not too close.

As for the B16A. JG pistons+skunk 2 stage 3 cams+what ever cam gear you want+skunk 2 intake mainfold=big power

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My 2c = being dissapointed with the B16A. I compared my stock SiR with a stock CRX of the same vintage. Our CRXs only came in Si trim with the D16A/ZC motor. Both cars have power windows, air-con, power steering and sunroofs (SiR Civic has moonroof, CRX has sunroof).

All in all, the cars are comperable (although my SiR is an import, not Aussie spec). 15 kilos in weight difference total, CRX is marginally lighter than the 990kilo Civic SiR.

To get the best in terms of torque/hp, you have to wring the B16A SiR's neck to get the best from it. VTEC be damned, it isn't he greatest low down torquey engine at all. By comparison, the ZC powered CRX grunts along in the low RPM nad builds up from there. 30bhp doesn't seem too much of a difference as the CRX gets up and boogies before the SiR comes on song at 6000rpm (peak torque) in second. To 70km/h, it's nose to nose until the B16A comes into its own with better gear ratios (Y1 tranny) and the touch more power. to 180 km/h, the CRX was about 4 meters behind the SiR and very, very slowly losing ground when the SiR's speed limiter kicked in (our CRXs go to 210km/h top speed but start lifting off the ground after 200km/h). This happened 3 times with 3 different driver combos behind the wheels of each car - one guy was a regular group e racer plus the two car owners regularly campaign in club events so driver ability isn't really an issue.

Now before I get branded a traitor and heretic to the B16A cause, I wouldn't swap a ZC into my SiR. But, given the options of doing a complete hybrid, I would flick the B16A off in favour of a ZC or B18 GSi or VTiR (Non/VTEC) swap. Bang for buck, the ZC wins the cause hands down. For the total cost of a B16A full conversion (mounts etc) I could have a 200+ bhp ZC Turbo with aftermarket computer and larger injectors plus change.

Like I said, just my 2c [img]wink.gif[/img]