Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anybody know if a B16A3 is from a Del Sol and if so from what year(s)??? I've heard it was but I wasn't too certain. I want to swap this motor into my 91'hatch and I wanna know if it will bolt in with any of the aftermarket engine mount kits like HASport or Place Racing?? How much will these engines probably go for and what else will be needed to complete the swap?? Also, if I'm using the B16A3 and I want to install a short shifter, do I get one made for the application of my 91'hatch or the Del Sol??
    PEACE -Jourdan

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your gonna need to find a B16A first generation rear mount bracket I think and the manifold will need to be wired for map and purge solenoid. Your also gonna want to run the newer P30 ECU...which means harness adapter...this way you can use the stock exhuast manifold and the engine will be smoother and have better gas mileage...O2 sensors last longer on these, distributors are better. Well worth it to. Clutch is bigger I think on 92+ B16A's.

Engines for 92+ are pretty expensive, not sure...get an estimate from a shop...don't bother on this board. It's not worth it. Do the footwork. Your gonna want them to install it anyways if you've not done it before.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

isn't the b16a3 a hydrolic tranny? that means you'll need to get the cable tranny separately i think..the ideal one is the cable tranny from the b16a1..first gen.
    nc_rex..back me up on this one?

------------------
    -Ben L.
    1989 Civic Si
    1990 300ZX TT Stage III

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah he will need a cable tranny...
    Later june...

------------------
    Jdm super freak....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

THIS POST WAS WRITTEN FOR INSTALLING A B16A, RUNNING IT AS A B16A3, WITH THE B16A3 CONTROLS.
    ...included is what you will need to

..buy the Engine from a 93-95 Del Sol VTEC - B16A3. Or you can buy the 92-95 JDM 170hp B16A from the Civic SiR (92-95) (with the matching ECU).
    ..the premade harnesses for the B16A 92-95 engines into an 88-91 Civic/CRX
    ..Y1 Tranny
    ..Raxles Driver's Modified Integra Axle for B-series engines into an 88-91 Civic/CRX with an S1 Intermediate Shafts (comes with the 5XXXXX B16A engine) or any of the US 90-93 Integra Intermediate Shafts (you cannot use the B16A 1XXXXXX Y1 Intermediate Shaft - different length).
    ..buy and Integra 90-93 Passenger's Axle Used or Rebuilt.
    ..Exhuast manifold for the 92-95 B16A...96+ are too short and require an extension adaptor to be made with a bung welded into the extension for the secondary O2 sensor. Or buy aftermarket Headers.
    ..This is actually pretty cool. Buy a 92-93 JDM Integra XSi ECU...this is an OBDI ECU, grey connector, but comes in the same casing as the B16A's...weird, but think about it, they didn't change the integra till 93. I have a picture and will post. But it's for the 160hp B16A...the correct ecu to use. Your B16A 1st generation ECU won't work because your using the newer engine with newer contols. The Del Sol ECU Won't work because your gonna need to spend a lot of money...$250 for the ECU and $300 for the harness converter to use it!! That's the going price believe me, unless you can find a shop that will make a ghetto one for you. I have the JDM ECU if you want it...will sell for $150, will have it on my for sale page here soon.
    ..the 92-95 Distributor for the B16A
    ..The First generation Rear Engine Mount Bracket! Very Important...the Install Kits for the B16A require this, and it only comes on the First Generation engines when you buy them...your gonna need to contact a performance shop and see if they have any spare brackets anywhere or if they know anybody...people blow these engines all the time, they have extras out there.
    ..Shift Linkage...buy the modified shift linkage or make it from a 90-93 shortened Integra linkage rewelded.
    ..90-93 Integra any models B18A Throttle Cable, and Speedo Cable for the Tranny...these are important also, you won't be able to use your stock cables!

======================================

90-91
    (JDM Integra's made into mid-93 with same engine, but different intake manifold, no integrated map on TB)
    JDM B16A JDM B16A
    1XXXXXX.. 5XXXXXX..
    >>First Generation B16A's
    ..Came with Cable Trannies only, except 92-93 Integra's with also had cable trannies and special order LSD's from Factory

92-95
    US B16A3
    JDM B16A, not sure of block stamp
    >>Second Generation B16A's
    ..Hydro Trannies only

96-00
    US B16A2
    JDM B16A, not sure of block stamp
    >>Third Generation B16A's
    ..Hydro Trannies only

------------------