Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I just bought a header for my 90 civic h/b si, with the stock d16a6 motor in it.I was trying to install it, but the problem I have is what do you do with the O2 sensor. On the aftermarket header it is located on the end, next to the catalytic converter, but on the stock manifold it is located up closer to the cylinder head. What are you supposed to do with the O2 sensor because it is to short to reach the aftermarket header? Are you supposed to splice a wire and make it longer or what? If anyone can help it would help out alot. Thanx

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmmm..that is interesting. I bought an 88-91 header for my zc and the O2 sensor is also located right before the cat. I just extended the O2 wiring to run down to the bung by the cat. It works fine. You can try that. My header bolted up perfectly. The only mod I made to my header was port matching it to the ports on the motor.

------------------
    1991 Civic 4dr
    ZC
    Zdyne Ecu
    Si tranny
    Thermal R&D exhaust
    Iceman
    Chikara header
    Weapon R Circuit Pro
    KYB AGX's
    Powerslot Rotors
    AEM/Nissin Pads
    Going B16 soon

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You bought a 92-95 Header. Not to worry, but your gonna have to modify. Will post right back with a pic.

..OK back

View?u1650131&ampa13853190&ampp55089177

Take a look at the O2 sensor's postition. Position is pretty critical. But what you have to do is find a nut that is the same thread pitch and internal diameter to fit the O2 sensor...then drill the header and wled on the nut...also called a bung at this point, just in case you hear the term.

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by NC_Rex (edited October 11, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will the header still bolt on to the cylinder head, without blocking any passage ways. Also what should I do with the old hole on the header. And how big of a hole do I have to drill into the header for the O2 sensor. Thanx alot

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my DC header came with and extension that i just pluged in. it works fine

------------------
    http://home.bendcable.com/travis118/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do not do this. Have the header modified for the O2 sensor to be placed where it was made to be placed. The computer is programmed to change AFR values and timing according to what it feels. You may run good at part throttle, but near WOT might suffer or vice versa...same goes with running the engine for a long while, as opposed to running it to and from...heating the element in different areas might cause different reactions. Honda put it there for a reason, ask any tech if that would be performance and they would laugh at you...ask any tech what that would do if you moved it 4 feet downstream and they would wonder whatever gave you this idea?

anyways, back to the correct way.

The old hole...just stick a toothpick or something to get a depth reading off of...place it up against a bolt that fits the hole...and then grind the end off at that depth. Use antiseize compound so the bolt can be removed again. All bolts on any manifold will heat up and almost lock threads together...Antiseize compound (can be found at autozone for cheap), stops this...will always come loose...and this will help you resell the header if you ever part out the engine.

The Hole will be just big enough to have the tip stick in there...the Nut will be mounted outside and that's what you'll center over the hole and weld down to.

That should say about everything.

[This message has been edited by NC_Rex (edited October 12, 2001).]