Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where are you at with your brakes now. You got some miles on them? What are you using now? I'm about to fix my problems so I'd like to know where you're at.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol sorry darohl, i saw this topic last night i forgot to post too it. Well you pretty much know my setup (bremo OEM, EBC greens V4's, goodridge lines, and superblue DOT4 fluid, fully rebuilt drums). The brakes easily have a good solid 1000+ miles on them. They've slowed me down in several auto-x's, worked great on the street when people have cut in front of me or i wasn't paying attention, and seem to work good in weather as well.

Thing is there is a noticeable vibration now, nothing bad, I don't tottaly wanna say its the brakes fault for a few reasons. First i am running the new EBC V4 shoes and yes they work well. 2nd, i don't think the brakes are too fond of cold weather, thats just the way they are. Like in the morning when i leave my driveway i head down a hill. I noticed the first time i hit the brakes they shudder, make a bit of noise, all kinds of fun stuff. But drive for awhile alot of it goes away (still shudders a bit). Course if i start gettin reallllllyyy hard on them after several corners and they heat up, they really seem to come into their own. Like the who system shudders less, and definally makes a effort to stop harder.

Two things i still need to do. I have one more shot in 2 weeks to go do some track racing...i'm gonna push the hell outta them and see how they respond. And the brakes have not been re-adjusted since i put them in a got them broken in, i think that has some to do with the suddering. When and if i go track racing...i'm gonna have a full report on everything then. (I basicly built this system for light track duty).

How are yours holding up? Lets swap stories hehe.

------------------
    "Take you car, fill it with some 94, then crank the distubtor twards the firewall before you head onto the track"
    "what will that do?"
    "you'll see hehe..."

(my shop friend checking up on my civic)

[This message has been edited by habib_88 (edited October 25, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I haven't fixed mine yet. Still running EBC green (non V4) on POS warped Powerstops.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

little update...

I was chasing my friends turbo eagel talon AWD today (as long as he's hittin bends i can keep up...soon as we hit a straight line...his damn boost controller takes over hehe) anyways, after a few bends i got on the brakes damn hard, noticed something.

Dunno if its the way the EBC's heat up, or the way the Dot 4 fluid heats up, but after two hard braking zones, my break petal became really firm , the brakes DIDN'T vibrate like i mentioned before, and it stopped a bit faster.

I think i chose such a hard brake setup that under normal drving the brakes arn't tottaly happy, where was soon as you heat them up they totally change. Still gotta take them track racing, hopefully this weekend, stay tuned...

------------------
    "Take you car, fill it with some 94, then crank the distubtor twards the firewall before you head onto the track"
    "what will that do?"
    "you'll see hehe..."

(my shop friend checking up on my civic)