Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I have a 89 dx with the teg rear brake swap. I wanted to swap out the dx lower control arms for the si ones so I could out a lower sway bar on. Is it going to make enough of a handling difference to justify all this work?? Anyone have a lower sway bar?? Handle better??

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i heard that the rear lower sway bar makes your back tires break loose really easy. so me personally am not goping to get one cause i dont want to loose control over a little thing like a sway bar.

------------------
    http://home.bendcable.com/travis118/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's not just about tossing a rear stabiliser bar on, you need to get the rest of the package right - camber, caster and toe in combination with springs, shocks and bars. I've put a good article about Honda handling below. The setup on the Civic in the article is actually on my car with only my 14mm rear bar (factory) and no caster adjustments yet. It was nice to find that EG and EF shocks and springs are interchangable as the front shocks from an EG are about 2mm fatter (you swap in the lower fork from an EG).

In the works is adjustable caster and the 18mm rear bar using the factory mounting points. The backage is sweet as is - very neutral handling - some body roll, understeer at the extreme. Firm, yet comfortable.

real handling 32

real handling 32b

------------------
    '90 JDM EF9 SiR

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ever notice everytime there is a post on handling I pop up? hehe.

On my car, i'm running the stock front bar and a 22mm rear sway bar. The whole suspension is built also, for awhile i had to run around with just a 22mm rear bar, front strut tower bar, and adjustable shocks up front. The car was scarry in corners thank god that was only tempoary. Anywho, here is my current setup.

Tockio illumina adjustable shocks
    Eibach prokit springs (little over a inch drop)
    Energy suspension bushings (full kit)
    Neuspeed front strut bar
    Neuspeed rear sway bar (22mm)
    195/50 R15 sumitomon HTZ 50Z tires
    Front Toe out 1/16
    Rear Toe in 1/16

This setup works pretty good for most anything. For daily driving I leave the shocks at 2-front 3-rear. For autocross 3-front 5-rear. And track racing I set the shocks to 5 all around, giving me just a bit of understeer. I've only spun the car on the street once (before my current tires or my toe settings) plus i was goin to fast it was really my fault. Overall having a rear bar is a very good thing.

Setanta I liked the article. If you guys wanna see a pretty extreme setup on a CRX, check out this site and read his mods hehe, he's a good friend of mine and for the record his car is a straight up go kart.
    www.1fastrex.com

------------------
    Suspenion Mods- More than you can shake a stick at...
    Brake mods- I could slow down a buick if needed
    Engine mods- Shit I knew I forgot something

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For Handling....the first thing I would do is upgrade your Bushings...especially the rear main trailing arm bushing. Buy the Master Kit for $150 and sepdna nother $250-$350 and have a shop intall them in a days time. You may think I am not offering good advice...but if your trailing link buchings on the front sway abr are mushy, it causes bad handling....if your rear trailing arm center bushings are bad...it allows the bad end to move around and change position.

Truthfully though. the Rear center bushign for trailing arm is another $35 and not sold in master kit. I think Sway bar bushings are additional as well.

But if your looking for a quick fix....get the Si rear lower control arms...and an Si sway bar with the hangers and bushings...have your frame holes drilled and use nuts inside the frame-rails where your gonna bolt to. Most DX Models don't have the addition for a sway bar so you'll have to make one.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aww, Nikki, I'm sorry you were hurt yesterday. I can imagine how that must have felt.

I don't know what happened, and I don't know how to help you deal with how bad it hurt, but I hope that you managed to have a good Christmas after all.

I also hope you have a great time today at AGP - how lucky you are! Kudos to your uncles for trying to make you feel better. (I think the fact that THEY noticed you didn't receive something from her speaks volumes, at least to me.)

Be sure and show us what you picked out at AGP!!

Hugs, kisses, and smiles from all of my girls and I to you!

[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

AmericanGirlLover2982

Bump!