Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Well, my first question is on throttle bodies for the D engines. I know on some motors you can pick up a TB from a newer style engine of the same series and it might have a bigger TB. Like would a D16Z6 have a bigger TB than a D16A? If so do they bolt right up? If so it would be nice to goto a junkyard and pick up a new TB and slap it on my motor (cheap performance gain). If anyone has a D16Z6 and a D16A TB could you compare them and see if they are built the same, if one is wider, etc.

And question # 2 deals with lower rear tie bars (not rear sway bars). How do these work? Will it make my tail end more happy or stick better? (I already have a neuspeed 22mm sway bar out back). Anyone who has one, what did you notice when you put yours on? I'm just trying to gather info on these puppies I might get one I might not so we'll see.

Thanks in advance!
    Chris-

------------------
    Suspenion Mods- More than you can shake a stick at...
    Brake mods- I could slow down a buick if needed
    Engine mods- Shit I knew I forgot something

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

..I'll answer one of the questions...the z6 tb does not bolt up b/c its got a different bolt pattern..dont know about the size difference anyway. teg and zc tb's bolt up but I'm pretty sure they're the same size as the a6.

------------------
    tahitiangreen91hatchsi

www.marked001.com
    under construction

[email protected]

illadelphia, PA

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

thanks jason!

Damn...I guess I can't be a cheap ass now and I have to get a stock one rebored...hehe. You gave me a start I can go from there, thanks again

------------------
    Suspenion Mods- More than you can shake a stick at...
    Brake mods- I could slow down a buick if needed
    Engine mods- Shit I knew I forgot something

[This message has been edited by habib_88 (edited November 27, 2001).]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>And question # 2 deals with lower rear tie bars (not rear sway bars). How do these work? Will it make my tail end more happy or stick better? (I already have a neuspeed 22mm sway bar out back). Anyone who has one, what did you notice when you put yours on? I'm just trying to gather info on these puppies I might get one I might not so we'll see.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the rear I hardly notice the fixed lower tie bar. In combination with my rear upper strut bar it does help reducing the squeeking of the interior so the chassis must be somewhat stiffer overall.

tiebar2

The front lower tie bar is a complety different story:

It helps reducing body roll HELLA LOT!
    But has one major downside: I have problems getting round tight corners. The car is harder to manouvre at low speeds. On the upside: The car handles great on the highway and off/onramps.. almost no bodyroll..

(also thanx to koni/eibach setup and urethane bushings)

The one in the picture is a fixed swaybar and therefor VERY vunrabel when hitting the ground. Mine is already bent : fu**ed up my left caster setting frown

Mount a fixed lower tie bar in the rear and a flexible DC sports front lower tie bar for best results but never mount lower tie bars without the upper ones!!!!

tiebar1

My opinion: go for it ! smile

------------------
    http://crxfiles.hondapowered.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

B18a1 and B16A TB's are larger by 3mm. Requries two studs to be removed...and moving over the other two holes a bit...then port matching. Eveything else is just custom lines and using a B16A TB Gasket.

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have an Si Manifold at the sched with a B16A First generation TB modified on it. Anyone interested on more info on this, send me an email and I'll take a picture and explain.

------------------

megaagfan1

Angry

WOW...That is a terrifying situation...I'm so thankful that God kept you & your friends safe...
    & like what mykidsloveAG said, God had you there for a pourpose! To help your friends little ones!
    I hope that you can get some sleep! & peaceful dreams!!

~Megaagfan1

P.S.
    Don't be afraid to cry! Just remember that God is always watching over all of us! You can just pray to Him & thank Him that He kept you safe, & that your DD wasn't there to whitness it!

Here is a Bible verse to help comfort you!

John 14:1-4
    "Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me..." {Jesus is saying this to the deciples}Do not let your heart be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me<u>John 14: 1-4</u>