Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

i just found a trojan virus on my PC. apparently it was sending e-mails to at least one person on my buddy list. it wasn't sending e-mails to people on my address book because i didn't have this person's e-mail address only AIM name.

if you get an e-mail from me ([email protected]) and it says:

Hi! How are you?
    I send you this file in order to have your advice
    See you later. Thanks

and has an attachment, please delete it.

i actually got this "trojan" through AIM. someone i haven't talked to in a hella long time sent me like 3 IM's in a row with a link. like 5-10 mins later i got another IM from him saying "sorry, i didn't send those. my PC did. i think have a virus" the rest is history.

don't worry, if you actually opened/downloaded one of those e-mails from me...all you need to do is go to somewhere like shareware.com and download a (free) trojan detection software and it will get rid of it.

sorry if any of you got this. no more e-mails from my address will be sent out...i fixed the problem on my PC.

Ami

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I get that email all the time, I just delete it. I figured it was a virus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by CWBETB:
    I get that email all the time, I just delete it. I figured it was a virus</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

you Fruit Basket!. eric, why didn't you tell me? i had no idea this was going on until somebody told me earlier today.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

..good thing I dont talk to you [img]smile.gif[/img] hehe.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Handy hint... delete any attatchment no matter who's computer it's from. I reccomend nortons Antivirus 2002 or 2001 which does a scan of your email when you send mail out or in.

The only other thing I do is run Trillian rather than MSN/AIM/ICQ clients as it handles all 3 of these in one package and allows you to set nice high security levels including blocking all incoming files etc.

Call it paranoid, but I spent 3 hours repairing a friend's machine that had been infected... FDISK plus format of C: drive plus reinstall was the only surefire way to totally repair the system. When I installed nortons on her machine, it went nuts ove 23 trojans/virii on the system [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]