Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

When you installed your billet aluminum lower control arms, did you have any problems taking the old ones out?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No problem at all. But u have to remove ABS line and push it out of the way to take the control arm off. They have some on e-bay now for like $100 shipped!! Tom got a set through me, they should be here tomorrow. I will let u know how the quality on them!

KC
    p.s. how are those GSR wheels on the car?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Since my rear lower control arm strut bolt is seized, I was thinking of removing the whole control arm and strut/springs all together from the car. Then replace the spring with coilovers, and re-install the whole control arm & strut/coilover assembly back on the car. That way I don't have to deal with the control arm strut bolt because I'm only replacing the springs.

The problem is the lower control arm 14mm bolts that connect to the frame and the hub are so tight that my air-impact gun couldn't loosen them. I also used a breaker bar and it felt like the bolt was going to break so I stopped. Didn't want to risk snapping the bolt head off just like I did with the other side control arm last year.

and the GSR wheels look much better than the 14" steelies. I haven't driven it yet but I'll take the teg out sometime this week. Thanks for dropping them off at my house. [img]smile.gif[/img]