Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so this is what im thinking we do our next meet on november 15th(sat) at my house for a fix it meet! but first i think we should meet somewhere for food first, then we could just follow me to my house, i live in spanaway so if everyone liked it last time we could meet at country rose again at like noon, then head to my house for a fix it meet.

sound good??????

p.s. i should let you know though just in case of allergies we do have cats in my house, so if you need to go inside for some reason. just letting you know!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so it look like a meet then since no one else is responding, we will meet up at country rose cafe in spanaway at noon on the 15th of november and either head to my house for a fix it meet, or go to the beach for a drive!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sounds good to me. But im not sure what my work schedule is going to look like in november lol. If i will ever get back to work.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dang, you're way on the west side... and I'm way east. Work has slowed down a ton, which sucks, but I have a better shot at a meet. This one's too far I'm afraid.

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, gas has gotten more reasonable but the weather is turning. I still haven't gotten Solitaire road worthy and Holly's exposed sheet metal has started to rust. Anyone doing body work at the fix meet? [img]frown.gif[/img]

The only other good news is the garage is finished...for the most part.

IMG 0589

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

what type of body work? im sure we could if we are able to. we have lots of tools at my house. and a compressor and stuff.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Holly was t-boned on the driver's side door jamb/rear fender well area. It's a little tough pushing or pulling it out as you have to straighten out the well area at the same time or risk breaking the welds. Beyond my current skills at this time. I've got a garage now but I am still lacking the time to acquire the skills. [img]frown.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 21, 2008 06:57 PM: Message edited by: BiffStroganoffsky ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ive got the tools to do the body work at my house got a stud welder for the dents and a mig welder as well. even got bondo and all the stuff to paint with. but i only got grey primer no colors.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 22, 2008 02:43 AM: Message edited by: Robert_B ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i can definitely give a helping hand with some body work but i won't touch pulling out that kind of damage. I'm confident in my skills with leveling out typical dents and dings but nothing on hard edges like the damage described. If you can get the jam section pulled out and leveled, i'm sure the other stuff should be simple.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

An acquaintance told me to drill some holes and use a slide hammer but I am thinking of using a load bar to put tension on the outer skin while I see what I can do to straighten out the well. I may need some welding anyways on some small tears from the impact and minor banging I've done already. It will take more time than just drilling and filling but I'm trying to learn the 'correct' way of repairing and not just the 'easy' way. Just because it isn't a trailer queen doesn't mean it doesn't deserve the effort. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 23, 2008 11:46 AM: Message edited by: BiffStroganoffsky ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast