Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now for the good news, I went up to Microsoft last year for them to get the sounds of the engine, door opening and closing for the stock del Sol DOHC VTEC model for the new Forza 2 game (a friend from Oregon did the modified model one that I contacted him about), got a dyno done too at the same time. Anyway so when I go out the front door yesterday, what is laying on the porch but a package, within it was the new Forza 2 game for the XBOX 360, they said they would send one out after the game was done and I just forgot all about it.

Now for the bad news, after we went on our annual "Fun Run" this last Sunday, everything was fine, got home from the run, put the car in the garage, shut the car off and had to get ready for the next day, had to go to a early meeting to go to the next morning. Went out to the garage the next morning and tried to start the car, just a "zinging" sound and it wouldn't start, so I took the wife's car. Came back after the meeting to start checking it out, couldn't find anything wrong except it wouldn't turn the motor over (cranked the motor by hand to make sure the engine wasn't locked up, it wasn't). Called the local Honda 'Guru' and he was puzzled too, anyway I took it to him and found out it was the flywheel ring had come loose from the flywheel, very rare thing I guess. So the starter was just spinning the ring on it, so he's fixed it (I don't do transmissions, as I do most of my stuff by myself with no help and I'm to old for that stuff). Anyway it cost $676 to fix, unexpected expense at this time, luckly the credit card is empty at this time to take care of it.

Anyone else with some good news or horror stories?

cats1iu0

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ouch!

At least it didn't break down during the meet. That would have been a hefty tow bill....unless you have AAA or something.

I am just about to go outside and install those visors I got from Thomas. (I hope his move is going allright.) I'll try and get Ann to take some pictures. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by reewinder:
    Ouch!

At least it didn't break down during the meet. That would have been a hefty tow bill....unless you have AAA or something.

I am just about to go outside and install those visors I got from Thomas. (I hope his move is going allright.) I'll try and get Ann to take some pictures. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, it still could be push started since it's a manual trans, now if it was an auto, I would have been in big trouble. But that loose ring gear could be trouble though if it fell off though, it's pretty heavy.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ugh, well after hanging out with a friend last night I come back to the Sol and find the bins open, my $#!+ all flung around and my stereo half pried from the dash. *Sigh* The horrible (read: stupid) part of this is it's most likely because I left my top off. Also since I've hung out here plenty of times and it's a nice area that has never really had any problems I let myself drift into a sense of security. This, obviously, proved to be a bad thing.

Luckily (or not, depending on how you look at it) they didn't actually take anything, which leads me to believe they were scared off. So at least I still have my cds, faceplate and other crap (they didn't even take the change in the ash tray). But now I have a head unit that is sitting half out of the dash because I haven't been able to take it apart yet, and a bezel piece that has scars and gouges from what looks like a screwdriver or leatherman.

So the moral of the story kids is I'm stupid and people suck.

... oh, and put your damn top on whenever you leave the car.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not much other than racing for me. I broke a lug stud on the rear. Just changed it out. Cool thing is that the last 2 weekends, I have been at Pacwood WA at National solo races. National Tour, I placed 4th out of 11. National Pro Solo, I placed 3rd out of 5. Even got some money for it. Whoo hoo!

Car is running super. Wow, Geo, I've pulled my trans so many times I could have helped you do that. Would have been a cheaper deal too. I guess I could have let you buy me dinner or lunch. I've replaced clutch, flywheel, bearings, main seal, and few other things too. Give me a jingle if you need help with that again.

I have a myspace for all yall want to look me up. myspace.com/italianstallionracer

I'm also on the lookout for Lenso VPD 13"x7.5" wheels (4) Prefer gold.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great stories folks, keep it up. It's interesting to hear what everyones been up to.

I'm still getting use to the lightened flywheel, it 'feels' a lot different then with the stock one (less torque throughout the whole rpm range). Also the noise the engine was making is gone, I would take it that it was caused by the loose ring gear on the fly, very quiet now and idles more smoothly then before (even less valve noise then before).

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well im finally settled down here in LA but I do got some great stories about my trip down here.

First off, if you have an aftermarket lip and your car is lowered at all or have aftermarket wheels with low profile tires, then your sol will not fit on a tow dolly. Found this out the hard way so my friend drove my moving truck and i had to drive the sol.

Last week i spent about 500 bucks to get the AC condensor replaced and also the freons charged up because there was a leak in the condensor. When i got to south oregon, the AC compressor started makign this really bad grinding sound like something was getting chewed up inside and there was smoke coming from that area and right before we stopped, the AC stopped working so i guess the compressor died. Really sucked when you gotta drive through the desert and in this heat in socal but it was manageable.

Then when we got to santa nella to refuel, the car wouldnt start. It would start up and turn and the engine would jump up and down. This was also the point that the AC compressor croaked and afterwards it stopped making the horrible screaching sound. Anyways the engine stall happens every once in a while for me and usually it goes away if you let hte car sit for a while. I got worried this time and decided to call insurance. But after i called them, i tried starting the car again and low and behold it started up fine.

So now im in LA and everything is going well, the sol is good and i goto switch my insurance down here and the new quote is 1100 for six months. I almost had a heart attack. I mean after two years i can get another sol. This is rediculous and i worked with the insurance guy to get rid of stuff i dont need. Just pray i dont get into a collission [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow....$1,100 for 6 months. When we moved from Bonney Lake to Puyallup my insurance went up about $4 because the zip code was considered higher risk. After a lot of searching I found that Esurance had the lowest rates. With full coverage and a $250 deductible I pay about $103 a month. If I did the 6 month in advance I would save about $80.
    I would check them out. Every other place I got a quote from was almost always twice as much.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry to hear of all your troubles Thomas, I know you were talking about the A/C with me before the meet. Hope you got settled in ok. Don't know what to say about the cost of insurance, that's just crazy, must have some really great drivers there. But it's nice to hear from you, that you made it otherwise ok. I don't think I'll ask about the housing, you have enough on your mind right now.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Housing wasnt too bad it was about what i expected to pay and is similar to rent on the east side.

Originally posted by Geo 94:
    Sorry to hear of all your troubles Thomas, I know you were talking about the A/C with me before the meet. Hope you got settled in ok. Don't know what to say about the cost of insurance, that's just crazy, must have some really great drivers there. But it's nice to hear from you, that you made it otherwise ok. I don't think I'll ask about the housing, you have enough on your mind right now.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast