Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by yokohamatyre:
    Housing wasnt too bad it was about what i expected to pay and is similar to rent on the east side.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So did you find a place close to work in the area you talked about?

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went out and purchased all the parts this weekend to put on a rear sway bar onto the sol. it's all parts from a 96-97 vtec. I actually was expecting to pay alot more but was more than happy for wut I got. The install was a peice of cake except for that the bolt that holds the lca onto the shocks were rusted so badly that I had to cut the mounts off the lca's and the nuts off the shocks to free it up. every thing else was fine. I only have one problem though, the exhaust pipe coming into the muffler is resting on the sway bar and I think it may be affecting the bars perfomance. I am thinking of taking it to a muffler shop and seeing if they can custom make me a manderal bent pipe to eliminate the rubbing. Besides that everything works fine, to be honest I haven't really noticed much in the way of cornering speeds and road holding improving much but that may just because I am not used to the bar yet cause I haven't driving the car since I put the bar in. anyone good to hear thomas that you got there safe. I had the same problem with my ac pump on my old sol, I took it in to have it tuned up and they just took the belt for the pump off cause they said the pump and the bearings in the drive were bad. So I just decided on my new sol just to take the ac out, I don't need it and it's just extra weight. Have fun down in cali and by the way I am greatly considering upgrading the front lights all main and fog beams. Have fun out there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wish i had somethin new to report. With school, a new girlfriend, and now paying rent, and being 20 years old(lol), its been hard to save up for anything. I actually got a rear 3rd brake light panel that was already painted black for free from another soler on automotive-tech that i will be putting on sometime soon(paid $12 shipping). Aside from that, been tryin to piece together my turbo setup still. Need to get an intercooler, piping, oil lines, rebuild the turbo, and i think thats about it for the turbo setup itself. Getting somewhat close. I'd say another $400 in parts perhaps and then tunning.

On another note, i've been lookin into getting a civic wagon for my daily driver instead of the 89 hatch. Preferably RT4WD but there's a charcoal grey wagon for $300 that i'm lookin at. VERY tempting =)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

O.K.....
    Finally got around to doing the other rear trailing arm to get the rear sway bar put in.(bolts were snapping so instead of just doing the lower control arm we opted to just swap out the entire trailing arm like we did on the driver side when they snapped.)
    Oh ya....forgot to mention...like Delsolboy I had the same problem with the rear sway bar touching the exhaust. But it barely touches.
    Decided to test it out on North Hill that goes up to Milton from Puyallup. I did notice I could take those turns at higher speeds. My passenger said we had it above 60 mph but I never did look at the speedometer. I was too busy watching the corvette in my rear view mirror slowly overtake us and finally pass us at the last curve. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    Still gotta figure out what would be the best motor swap (if I ever go thru with it) to go with while keeping it automatic transmission. Since B16's and B18's really make their power in higher rpm's the auto tranny would rob a lot of that pontential power. I keep leaning towards the B20 motor from the CRV's....not as much HP as the other B motors but the torque gains would really help out for an auto....
    Maybe after next year's tax returns.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 09, 2007 01:59 AM: Message edited by: reewinder ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by reewinder:
    O.K.....
    Finally got around to doing the other rear trailing arm to get the rear sway bar put in.(bolts were snapping so instead of just doing the lower control arm we opted to just swap out the entire trailing arm like we did on the driver side when they snapped.)
    Oh ya....forgot to mention...like Delsolboy I had the same problem with the rear sway bar touching the exhaust. But it barely touches.
    Decided to test it out on North Hill that goes up to Milton from Puyallup. I did notice I could take those turns at higher speeds. My passenger said we had it above 60 mph but I never did look at the speedometer. I was too busy watching the corvette in my rear view mirror slowly overtake us and finally pass us at the last curve. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    Still gotta figure out what would be the best motor swap (if I ever go thru with it) to go with while keeping it automatic transmission. Since B16's and B18's really make their power in higher rpm's the auto tranny would rob a lot of that pontential power. I keep leaning towards the B20 motor from the CRV's....not as much HP as the other B motors but the torque gains would really help out for an auto....
    Maybe after next year's tax returns.

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ September 09, 2007 01:59 AM: Message edited by: reewinder ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Go manual. That'll allready help you increase power to the wheels and speed. It'll also help you with handling the sol around those corners.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't want manual. If I wanted a 5 speed I wouldn't have had to drive down to Oregon to find an automatic. My bad knee's and a clutch don't mix. I know the B series motors had auto trannies but I don't know if they put out nearly as much power as with a manual transmission. That's why I'm thinking the CRVTEC or just even the B20 w/o the VTEC head would be better than the D series.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Personal needs aside I'm not sure the auto in the del Sol will stand up to any more than stock power. They are not known for their stoutness. Now if you swap in a T47 behind an SBC then you shouldn't have to worry. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If it was me I'd go/look into going with a B18 GSR with the auto trans (yes they made them), it won't have as much hp as a stick car but the b18 will make up for it pretty much. A b20 has to much torque for the b trans (b16 or b18 auto) to last to long. With a stock b20 and manual trans you can smoke the tires at 30 mph just by pressing the gas, not downshifting just cruising along (how do I know I drove one ('93 S model with a b20, GSR trans), what a monster at low end, except for that 6k redline, that sucks).

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nothing to report here. I'm still waiting for solman to part his vehicle. Maybe he decided to keep the car. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Otherwise, my niece got married Saturday and I'm still recuperating from the dress shoes and playing video/camera man and taxi for the relatives. I drove my sister's '92 Accord LX with the passenger front window that won't roll down, the AC and defrost that doesn't work, the check engine light that is always on and maybe a bad relay that doesn't start the car when hot. It cranks but won't catch. No time to check for spark and what not, especially with the suit on. I just paid valet and told them to move it when it decides to start and went upstairs to sleep. Good thing it decided to act up in the hotel driveway. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I came out of the break-in pretty clean actually. Just cosmetic damage. Eveything still works just fine.

To celebrate I finally had to get new tires (old Potenzas were flat@$$ bald) so I also bought some HX wheels from my friend as well as an AEM CAI, ST swaybars, and DST floormats.

Also my roommate told me that the best deal he could find for flights to Hawaii were $700 so he had to move on them for me.

All in all a $2000 week. [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/broken_heart.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast