Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone have a (rear) brake caliper for vtec del sol? Driver side. I'm just checking for any extra.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 16, 2007 10:25 AM: Message edited by: Rodamus ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

unfortunately no. but i do have 2 front del sol VTEC brembo blank rotors i can sell you if or whenever you're interested. they've never been installed...test fitted yes but an ebay seller sold me the wrong size!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arron you do know that ones from an Si sol or Intrega (except the ITR's) are the same, so you do have some options on where to get one from. Even some of the Civics with rear disks should be the same, but I'm not sure of the years ('92-'95 would work I'm pretty sure). All of them I've seen have "Nissin" written on the caliper for the rears for the sols for your information.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was going to try and rebuild a caliper, cuz it's too expensive for Honda rebuilt. $120.

Since I had swaped rear sus from 95 Integra gsr onto my 92 civic hatch, they are the same as my vtec del sol size. Same rotor, same brake pad.

The problem was that I had a sticking caliper. Wouldn't release, getting hot, burnt what was left of my pads. Found that it was the return spring for the parking brake that wasn't fully returned. After lubing, and cleaning. It works very well now. Still I would like to take one apart to see just how to rebuild one.

Thanks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Rodamus:
    I was going to try and rebuild a caliper, cuz it's too expensive for Honda rebuilt. $120.

Since I had swaped rear sus from 95 Integra gsr onto my 92 civic hatch, they are the same as my vtec del sol size. Same rotor, same brake pad.

The problem was that I had a sticking caliper. Wouldn't release, getting hot, burnt what was left of my pads. Found that it was the return spring for the parking brake that wasn't fully returned. After lubing, and cleaning. It works very well now. Still I would like to take one apart to see just how to rebuild one.

Thanks.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep it's a common problem with them, also rust forming on the piston and locking it in place after water gets under/around the seal on them, the UK people have it happening all the time, but they use salt on the roads which really attacks the rear calipers as well as the rear wheel wells. That's why I wash them along with the under body every time I wash the car to keep that from happening, so far it's worked and my car orignally came from Florida with it's salt water problems on eatting car's metal, but luckly no major problems yet or any signs of rust anywhere and I've looked.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx