Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was at the wrecking yard and saw a strut tower bar in a '96 Integra. I made sure everything was gonna match up in the Del Sol and it does but I ran into one little problem. The bolts that hold it in place seem to be permanently attached to the Integra. One the underside of the wheel well they were just kinda round and very flat....flanged out like. So nowhere to put a wrench or socket to it. I want to make sure I install it right.
    So will using just regular bolts/nuts and torquing it down work or is there something else out there I should use instead?

Here it is still in the Integra.
    strut1

And this is the Del Sol with the rubber covers still in place where the bolts will go through.
    strut2

Since these don't attach to the strut will I need to jack the car up when putting it on or can I leave it on the ground?
    Thanks for any info. I'll post better pics if I get it installed.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks.

Also curious if this is going to work as good as an aftermarket one that attaches to the strut instead of the body frame?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bolts and nuts work perfectly fine. thats what i did to mine.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, and it's the same one that came stock on my car. Also see if it has the bottom tie bar too and get it at the same time (four bolts hold it in, it's at the back of the engine, on the K member on the framing).

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Went to Pep Boys and bought 4 bolts for it and it seems to work fine. It didn't have the tie rod bar on there.
    Any suggestions on Tie rod bars? Whenever I look on ebay I see a lot of no-name ones that I'd rather stay away from. Bombz is the only one I ever see listed. Not sure if I should get those or wait for something better. I wanna have my suspension beefed up a little bit before the next fun-run.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Must not have been a GSR then or if it was someone already removed it. Anyway the top tie bar gives the most "feel" anyway. Just get a rear upper tie along with the sway bars front and rear. When I put my rear lower tie on I didn't "feel" much, if any change. The most "feel" came from the rear upper tie, as I already had the front and rear sways and the front tie bars.

Yes I would stay away from the BombZ stuff. I have a OBX upper rear tie by the way.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So just the one that goes in the trunk and forget about the 2 underneath and go with sway bars?
    I know someone has posted the sizes for the front and rear sways but I can't remember them.
    How easy/difficult is it for sway bar installation? I'll try and do a little research tomorrow after work.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, I did a little search for the lower stock tie bar from Honda and found it.

37331540xt9

The parts you want are #4 and #43.
    Part number 93401-10025-08 for the bolts, four needed.
    Part number 50205-SR3-N11 for the bar itself.
    It fits just in front of the steering assembly, holes are predrilled and on all sol models. Thomas has this bar and was asking me where it went on the car.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

after I saw that exploded diagram you posted I realized I was looking in the wrong spot. I thought the bar curved downward but it actually curves upward. So I went back and sure enough it was there.

SSPX0088

While I was under there I noticed the sway bars

front one
    SSPX0085

and rear one
    SSPX0083

Will these fit on a 93 Si model or is it not set up for them and I'll have to get the ones someone mentioned in another post that have adapters that clamp on or whatever it was?
    Looks like the back one is easy to remove but I'm not so certain how difficult that front one is.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All the mounting points are there for the rear sway bar, the one difference is the stock lower arm, ones with the rear bar have a mounting point on them which the models that don't, don't have. Aftermarket mount either with camps on the arm (can move if loose) or use the lower shock point as the mounting point (best).

On the front bar, it is harder to remove and replace then the back, but is doable (I've never done one myself though).

Rear bar goodies:
    79184676pd3

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast