Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

please do! oh yeah, geo...did i ever tell you that your sol is B-E-U-T-I-F-U-L? <---holy shizz ma bobbers..did i spell that wrong????

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They are finally here and they look better in person then seeing a pictures of them, I don't know if I like the corners yet or not, they don't have a reflector in them, just plug the bulb in, that's a bit strange looking to me. They look very well built, solid and as heavy feeling as the stock unit, and even come with the "Rubbers" for the headlight bulbs. They were definitly well packaged for shipping. States "DOT" on the lens for the headlight and corners. Sonar seems to be the brand name, no APC stuff here folks. I'm really looking forward to the beam pattern on these and brightness difference if any from stock (mine are still in pretty good shape after 11 years of wear and tear I think). Pictures coming after the install, stay tuned.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by pLaYbOi:
    please do! oh yeah, geo...did i ever tell you that your sol is B-E-U-T-I-F-U-L? <---holy shizz ma bobbers..did i spell that wrong????
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not going to scold you just because you know I work for a school district, I'm going to make you stand in the corner!! [img]wink.gif[/img] Hee, hee.
    Thanks for the complement, yours is pretty nice too you know.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Geo, I got my lights today as well, they are much nicer than expected!!! Of course though, no instructions!! You have any tips or anything to help me out with?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok, i figured out how to detach the whole headlight fixture, but it seems that the front bumper needs to be removed to get the thing out!! I was in the middle of working and it started raining, so since i lack a garage i bolted down the stock one back in, and called it quits for the day. But i did notice something else, my hood doesnt sit right because it is hitting my upper strut tower brace!!!,so now i gotta yank that thing out, or can i install the bar upside down????

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by '97Soler:
    Hey Geo, I got my lights today as well, they are much nicer than expected!!! Of course though, no instructions!! You have any tips or anything to help me out with?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Of course they came with no instructions, I told them not to give you any, no not really. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Ok, start with removing the front bumper, top, screw looking bolts on the metal bracket (use a big screwdriver to remove), on the bottom two 10mm bolts on the bumper splash and the two screws holding the bumper at the sides to the fenders.

Remove the corners, screw at the inside corner of the fender, watch out they can fall through into the bumper area or ground

Headlights are held in by four bolts, start with unplugging the headlight wire at the back. The two bolts on the top, next one the one at the inside side, low, then the last one outside attached to the fender bracket, repeat for the other side.

Install just the reverse, but start the two top bolts (loose not tight so the headlight can be moved around) to hold it in place for installing the other two bolts.

You will have to align the headlights after they are installed. That is another write up in a bit.

I'll take pictures and make a How-To out of this, as a few others may have the same questions on how it's done. I'll post up the link when it's done.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 29, 2005 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Geo VP ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a quick pix of them installed, more later. [img]wink.gif[/img]

hdl9my

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Also I have a bunch of things to add to the 'How-To' on these as there is some parts you need to take off your old headlight and put on the new ones and a few other things that I didn't put in the first write up.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 30, 2005 03:43 AM: Message edited by: Geo VP ]</font>

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345