Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i am lucky my g/f's step dad is a retired mechanic i get to use all snap on :-D

i havent even came close to hurting one yet

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im gonna have to scratch that for sunday. I forgot i have my nephew's 1st birthday is at 1pm. and then i have to go to my girlfriends parents for dinner. One of my coworkers husbands is a mechanic so i think i will just go that route. I dont mind spending the money to get it done right, and keeping my hands clean!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just hit 90K so if anybody is able to help me out with that. I can go pick up the timing belt and water pump this week. No practice though, I need help from somebody expeirenced, I dont want to blow the Sol. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BiffStroganoffsky:
    Drat! I was interested in doing a timing belt replacement too...or is it two now. I was hoping someone had a pneumatic impact wrench or something because I had read about what a chore it can be to break that bolt loose. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That picture I posted is what happened even with working it over with the air impact wrench, that's what happens when it's about 400lbs of torque, somethings got to give and it was the extention.
    I can't believe I could push or pull that much with a 18 inch breaker bar, all I know is I was sure sore after doing it. Mine was the hardest one I done that on. It had never been off before that I'm sure off as I could see the factory sealer on the threads (that was the problem). It's also why I will only supervise from now on.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ill do it for free for anyone that can bring a 1/2 inch impact gun to my house but i live so far away that i doubt thatll happen. I personally have done 5 of theses and YES its hard. Its hard to think that the torque specs are 134lbs

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Drat! I was interested in doing a timing belt replacement too...or is it two now. I was hoping someone had a pneumatic impact wrench or something because I had read about what a chore it can be to break that bolt loose. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The link for the coming meet in September is now up here: September "FIX IT" Meet
    Please check it out for map, directions, time and date.

I will be sending out a reminder shortly to those on our mailing list, and remember if your not on it and want to be, email me about adding yours to it.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey Im in for this one for sure right now im taking a vacation for a couple weeks you know. I really don't know what to do to my sol i just got my eprom burner and just need and wideband to tune it if somebody got one please bring it in if not ill wait till next month to get one other than that prob an oil change and some lube. hope to see a lot of you guys there later
    497412 18 full

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well i have bad news and good news...
    bad news is my car wont be able to make it to this meet...
    good news is.. if I am permited that i car show up with my g/f in our other vehicle to meet u all and lend a hand on the fix-a-sol
    Im working on pics of my car b4 and after its accident so that i can have them posted on this site.
    Soon, very very soon I will be able to show you all my precious car.

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm...it might be worth a 1/2" impact wrench to get the belts (yes belts) changed on the Sols. Can you do the deed if we bring the necessary compressor along with the wrench? You'd just need to bring the skill and knowledge.

I have mostly Craftsman sockets and such so you can break them all if you want. I'll just bring the pieces back to Sears to get them replaced.

As for needing belts change, I picked up another Sol in Eatonville a week back. Red '94 Si with body damage but runs nice...better than my blue '93. Now I just need a white one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast