Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BiffStroganoffsky:
    Can you give me a lead on a place that rents them?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hertz AA Rentals in Lakewood was where I rented the spring compressors for mine, I don't know about Gig Harbor area as I don't live there or have a phone book of that area. But any on them should have what you need for this, just be sure to tell them your working on a Honda or a foreign car.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well i broke down and installed all but the lowering stuff. That package is still enroute. So I'll need to do what with the springs exactly beforehand? Or are should I be chipping in for the thingy that squishes them? The drop is suposed to be 2.5".

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll check at a rental place a few blocks from here that is open on Sundays to see if they have it.

We could do what I did for my Mustang: wrap a shitload of bailing wire around the spring(s) before jacking up the car...and then duck for cover and pry them off with a loooong bar. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, the rental is open 9-5 on Sunday and has the McPherson strut spring compressor(s) for $12/day. Bad news is that Axiom has yet to get their alignment computer repaired so I need another place to get that done. I would prefer to get the alignment before getting on the freeway.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BiffStroganoffsky:
    I'll check at a rental place a few blocks from here that is open on Sundays to see if they have it.

We could do what I did for my Mustang: wrap a shitload of bailing wire around the spring(s) before jacking up the car...and then duck for cover and pry them off with a loooong bar. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wouldn't even want to work on a Mc Pherson strut (the spring does all the work, not the shock), those are a pain in the butt to do, on your's the whole shock and spring comes out as one unit, three bolts, then you take it apart, that's when it gets fun. The back ones you don't even really need the spring compressor to remove them, anyway when I did mine it wasn't that much of a problem, just the fronts.
    We'll have to stop by a hardware store to pick up some stainless steel washers for the back and maybe some longer bolts to align it as your dropping more then I did.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone want any popeyes chicken for teh meet? I will be making the routine stop at popeyes in federal way for some good ole souther fried chicken. Let me know if you want some and i will get it for you.

-t-

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Geo VP:We'll have to stop by a hardware store to pick up some stainless steel washers for the back and maybe some longer bolts to align it as your dropping more then I did.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What sizes will we need so that I can get the right ones?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by A.Oster:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What sizes will we need so that I can get the right ones?

I don't remember the sizes needed now (been to long ago), but their open on Sundays so we'll just take the bolts to the store and get what we need for it. I'm sure will need some longer bolts since your doing a 2 1/2 inch drop. I was just at the edge for getting longer bolts on mine.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 15, 2005 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Geo VP ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds good. I was just thinking today atht I wonder if my tires are going to be too big... It didn't occure to me untill today that my wheel and tire set-up a may scrape my wheel wells on bumps... [img]eek.gif[/img] I kind of feel dumb, but we'll see I guess...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, 205/15's. The guy who did my alignment gave me all kinds of horror stories about tire ware and lowering, so now I'm paranoid. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Do we have any idea about alignments after the install yet?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast