Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If i was looking to get a paint job on a del sol, how much would i be lookin at. I just want something like a ferrari yellow or close to that, nothing really candy apple. But i also dont want a cheap paint job thats going to flake off in a year. Also how much would i be looking at if i wanted to do somethin like a house of kolors paint job, where in the sun it changes colors. Thanks alot!
    kyle v

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well the paint alone is going to be well over a grand. Fiqure from that.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well for a full color change your probably looking at around $3000. for the house of color blurpal paint it will probably cost you around $5000-$6000. it's not cheap any more. if you are looking at maybe just fixing the paint thats on the car it will probably be around $1500-$2000. depends also where you go what quality you want and all the other things that apply like body damage.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

man....you cant even ask a question like that. you have to be ABSOLUTELY specific with WHAT exactly you want and need done. The bodyshop would need to fill in dings and repair dents(if any). Paint door jams, engine bay(if you choose to), inner fender wells(if you choose as well), under hood and trunk, etc...there are a lot of domestic guys that pay well over $20k for a "show" quality paint job. and 20k isn't where it stops. the owner of house of colors(or i believe thats the same guy i'm talkin about), wont paint a car for ANYONE for less than $50k. But of corse, those are the extremes. For the general public, a VERY nice paint job could cost up to the range of $6k.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you know, I am a little hot about paint right now. I went to the guy my dad uses for all his cars, and they quoted me $1000+ for a basic color. I didn't ask for anything but a nice dark green with a clear coat. My car is 1/2 the size of most, and the quote was $200+ over the quotes that my dad gets from him. I think he's under the impression that forein car= dumb kid willing to splurge.
    I'm one step closer to rattle can... [img]frown.gif[/img] actually since my car is for sale, maybe I'll just be able to bu the '95 I want after all....