Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm deciding on putting a header in the car now but not sure which would be better....

A 4-2-1 header or a 4-1 header. Both would be the 2 piece bolt together design. Is there a performance difference between the two?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-4...55953557QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-4...56635201QQrdZ1

They also have stainless headers so I'm also wondering what the pro's/con's of that might be as well. Anyone know much about this brand or the Megan Racing brand? I don't want to spend too much money but then again I also don't want to waste my money on junk. I'd hate to spend hundreds of dollars just for a "designer label" if Brand X is just as good. [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 02, 2006 08:44 AM: Message edited by: reewinder ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

#1 Get a 4-2-1 type header (for mid-range power) rather then a 4-1 type (top end power).

#2 Try to get one that has O-Rings for sealing if a two piece type(flat gasket type tend to blow out after six months). Example of O-Ring type to join the two pieces together:

header1xi0

#3 One piece header will be harder to install then a two piece (have to lift the car up higher to install).

#4 Don't expect "Big" power gains from installing one, will gain more from the weight loss (as Honda engines are pretty much hightly tuned from the factory, weight loss about 15 lbs or so).

#5 Try to stay away from the "cheap" headers, you may end up losing more power then gaining anything. Bad welds can break so they can leak. Poor coating and materials and they will rust on you.

#6 You get what you pay for.

There you go with some info on them.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The only ones I ever see that have the O-ring seals are made for the B series motors. I have yet to see one for the D series. I will definately stay away from the 4-1 header then. I keep seeing the same ones over and over on Ebay. I think I'll try lookin at other places.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DC Sport has them, I'm sure there are some other brands too with that feature. The stock exhaust manifold has it.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i'd reccomend with going with the megan racing 4-2-1 header they have. I have it on my sol...and although i didn't feel a huge diff myself...other sol owners from other reputable(sp) boards swear by them for the price. The megan racing does have the flat gasket seal but it seems to be doing alright for me. but dont buy it and then regret it later on like me. I paid $135 for mine and now i wanna go turbo...so there goes $135 that could have gone to another piece towards the turbo.