Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Greetings from Canada! I'm a former Miata owner who's seen the light and wonder what I should pay for a neighbour's car that he's just put up for grabs -
    93 del sol, Samba Green, base (S) model, 169,000 k, no accidents, no rust. They're asking $6K Cdn. which seems high for a first-year car with no airbags, I'm thinking $5K max. thoughts?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I myself don't know what cars are going for up in Canada, but it does seem a bit high for a '93 S model. Here in Washington the same car should be around $2.5-3K max in "excellent condition", anything else and it would be lower then that.
    And '93's had a driver's side airbag, from then on it was dual airbags.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, Geo. That's more the price range I was thinking of, based on what I'd seen on ebay and a consumer-pricing site.

By the way, was the green an added-cost option on the S in '93? I don't think it was a standard colour for the base model. Is there a way to find out how many base-model S's were Samba Green?

Thanks,
    Ian

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by soloh:
    Thanks, Geo. That's more the price range I was thinking of, based on what I'd seen on ebay and a consumer-pricing site.

By the way, was the green an added-cost option on the S in '93? I don't think it was a standard colour for the base model. Is there a way to find out how many base-model S's were Samba Green?

Thanks,
    Ian
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It was one of the stock colors that year. As to how many were made in that color, no data is available from Honda on the breakdown on colors or how many of each (S and Si only that year), just a total for the year (US numbers only). The only numbers (in the US again) were for the Samba Green Si's (a special introduction model with samba green painted optional Honda wheels and pin stripes, I've only seen two in real life by the way) and that was total of 800, about 2 per dealer in the US, but most went/ended up in/to Florida for some reason though.
    By the way the S model was dropped with/in '95 model year, only the Si and SiR (yes the DOHC VTEC here in the states was called that in Canada, also it had ABS standard in '94 (SiR models only, US DOHC VTEC didn't get it standard till '95), no Cruise Control though on Canadian models) stayed that way in Canada through '97.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re. cruise control, I guess Honda was wise to the lack of true freeways in Canada... a much more useful feature in the States, as I recall from a sea-to-sea drive years ago (in a Prelude with cruise, thankfully).

Thanks again - I'm going to see/drive the green machine on Friday & will let you know how it goes, particularly the $$$ question.

Ian