Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I still have a slight oil leak coming from somewhere and I think Geo once said something about changing the o-ring in the distributor to see if that makes it go away.
    Now after reading through the CD manual it says after removing the distributor it may be necessary to reset the timing with a timing light. Will the timing definately 100% need to be adjusted or is there a way to remove it and put it back in w/o? I have never used a timing gun or set the timing so I don't want to start something I can't finish myself.
    I want to try and get as many little projects done on the car that I have been putting off before my carpal tunnel surgery cause I won't be able to wrench on it for awhile afterwards. Thanks for any info.

[img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Make a mark on the dist. mounting leg area and block (so you can align it back to where it was). Remove the dist./(wiring only if you have to to access the o-ring) and replace the o-ring. Remount the dist./wiring and align the marks you made and it should be close enough. You can also remove the ECU fuse and it will reset/relearn everything too. The ECU will adjust the timing as necessary, (you can only set the initial setting when using a timing gun, the ECU will adjust it from there to what it needs). That should do it for you.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks....I'll try that out.
    But first I gotta track down a replacement o-ring.
    I'll try the auto parts stores first and then Honda if they don't have any.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

$2.31 at Honda dealership.
    After removing the distributor I am now pretty sure that is where the slow drip/leak was coming from. I put the new o-ring on this afternoon and followed up with Simple Green and cleaned the engine.
    I just hope this will make it so I don't have to keep parking on cardboard to keep the garage from getting all icky. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]