Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Hosting Solution for Team Sol?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The forum can be used as of now. I will be migrating it to a new box but that should be minimal to no downtime during the move. There are a couple of options forhow to bring it into production. The easiest would probably be for me to host the whole site. That way we would not have to have a second DNS for the site. I can give all the original people access to modify the site as they did in the past. If you guys would like to go that route let me know. We will need to get site up and running on my box before we can do the move. I will need to do a little work on the forum to move it to a new directory on the box. Once that is all done and tested, we can point the Name servers to my box and that should be it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm that would have to depend because right now the URL and the hosting are with the same company. To have it point to your box, I would have to get 1and1 to give me access to the URL and then we would have to get it hosted elsewhere then cancel the hosting service which was just renewed not too long ago. For the time being, i would prefer that you just give the message board a generic IP address/URL that i can link to. Later on we can transition the entire site over to you after talking to Geo. How reliable is your connection way over there on the other side of the sound? You should at least have a talk with Geo before we even do any of this considering he is the who is in charge of the club. Goto a meet or two, and talk it over...then get back to me on what everyone wants to do.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 25, 2008 07:08 PM: Message edited by: lincorp.com ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I definatlly agree. I dont want to seem like I am trying to take over. I would like to have everyone in agreement. Right now the site is hosted on my cable modem at my house which is hosting a couple other sites too. All sites connect on one IP and are differentited by header. If I were to talk it over permenetly, I would run it on my other server out of chicago that averages 3 9s so up time should (no offense) blow hostboard out of the water.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont disagree at all. I dont want to take over that stuff. I just want to offer a new hosting service.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i agree with lincorp you should make it to some meets first then maybe we can think about it, but i honestly think that someone who has been here longer should do at least the updating work of it or at least be in charge of it for now, only because of how many people say that they will be at a meet or say they are with the club but wont show or speak up on here. i just feel that at least the updating part should be someone who has been around a lot longer. thats why i was already talking to geo about it at the last meet.

Senior Hostboard Member dertaika's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: New Hosting Solution for Team Sol?

Hello all! I've been building my site (myself) and decided to put it on hosting for a long time looked for what to choose asked friends, colleagues, but no one has not yet faced with this, I've been searching the Internet, comparing different hosting and only recently found the best hosting with the best price / quality ratio, if anyone needs is a link to him Shared Hosting Services | Fast SSD Hosting Plans & Prices recommend! Already put it on the hosting and everything works great!

Senior Hostboard Member JohnStaples's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

We have recently created an online company and we need a very decent vps server, but since we cannot allocate a lot of money for this, we need a cheaper variant . My searches on the internet were unsuccessful. The prices were crazy, but my old colleague advised me a website eASEAN with good options suitable for us, it seems that the server functionality is decent and the prices are excellent, I hope my colleague did not advise in vain.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

How do I choose a domain name?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

It is important to remember that a long domain name using multiple promoted queries can be considered spam by the search engine. The names of the rest of the promoted search queries can be located both in the names of subdomains and in the names of sections of the site or the names of individual pages. Personally, the service What are Domains? | Blogs about Domains – Luxhosting.lu helped me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have good news for you, I found a very cool hosting, which I myself use for a long time, with excellent bandwidth! https://www.hostforweb.com/cloud/ I think you'll find what you need here, and you'll be satisfied. From individual benefits, 24/7 support, uninterrupted robot, optimization for popular applications, and much more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast