Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so i talked to my car buddy and he said it has to do with the egr valve and all it will only effect is the gas milage its not that much of a biggie.

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hiya folks. It's not exactly Sol related but the board looks a little light on topics so I thought I'd throw this up since there are quite a few knowledgeable Honda owners here who have other rides besides the Sol.

Anyhoo, I got a hand-me-down '92 Accord which has a few issues with it with one being CEL code #12 or 'EGR Lift Sensor (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor'. So, can anyone tell me 1) does the Accord actually have this sensor, 2) where is it located and 3) is it mandatory to replace it, i.e. does it harm the engine if it is not rectified...immediately?

TIA

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thank you n20si i just didnt know how to put it down but thats pretty much what i was told, lol, it was late and i was tired thats why i kept it so short and simple

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

The EGR valve helps your car more efficiently and completely burn fuel by recirculating a portion of your exhaust and running it through the combustion process again. This results in a cooler, more complete burn of the fuel which decreases you car's noxious emissions by prohibiting the formation of some harmful gases.But is not needed to run. Usally honda's only have egr's if they are either automatic or are a economic model like the vx or hx on civic's. Hell i dont even have a catalytic converter on my car.

Inactive Member BiffStroganoffsky's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good info you two. It seems that the EGR system on the F22s can get clogged with carbon buildup which can throw the generic CEL. Since it isn't a catastrophic issue, I'll probably just put up with the daily idiot light and add that to my 'projects' list. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks again.