Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question: what did you use for the throttle body, the one off the b16 or an ITR one? Are you using a map sensor, most JDM motors had them mounted on the firewalI, not on the throttle body. I need that info to try to answer your question.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

car30

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

hey guys i just swap a jdm b16a on my sol and also i put on a 00 usdm ITR intake manifold and the idle sometimes goes up and down and sometimes not its fine and the manifold doesnt have the fast idle valve like other civics and teg I wanna know what could it be I ordered a new gasket for the head/intake man. Any sugestions thanks [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

man everything is where suppose to be i use the whole ITR usdm intake man with sensors and everything, it bolted right on the only thing i notied is the fast idle valve the itr doesnt have. any ?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It should have one from the pictures I've seen of the intake and throttle body. That would be part of the problem along with the big ass throttle bore compared to the one used stock on the B16.
    A little information for you, the stock B16 intake and stock throttle body will out perform the ITR except for and above 7600 rpm to redline. Not to good huh for just 600 rpms wide power band. The stock B16 manifold if extrude hone-ported will kick the ITR manifold combo with as much as 12.5 hp gain and a 3.6 ft lbs gain in torque. Sometimes bigger isn't best. This info comes from the book 'How to build Honda Horsepower Dyno-Verified Results' by Richard Holdener of Killer Bees fame.
    Anyway back to your problem get the fast idle thermo valve for the throttle body, you do have the IAC on there right? Anyway that should help some, but still expect the idle to be a little weird, like going up and down because of the increased air flow the map sensor can't handle it, just the nature of the beast. Others that have done the bigger t-body have experienced the same problem with the idle by going oversized on it.
    Hope that gives some help on your problem and good luck with it.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

car30

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ill try to take a pic bu t really doesnt provide to put one on it. i got the manifold since I am planning to go turbo what u think. but the thing is it just sometimes a few times and then stops. u will see if i bring it to the next meeting

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bring it by then and I'll take a look.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington