Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone out there know anyone that sells motors or has a d15b sohc jdm vtec for sale? I need the whole motor, tranny and ecu. I cant get ahold of my bud that knows the Importer guy. Im looking for the 92-95 single stage vtec model. LSD tranny would be a real plus.
    Its getting colder and colder over here on my side of the state but im pulling the Sol into my garage and might strip it down and do the motor, paint and a newer exhaust.Soon ill have the sol ready for u all to see. for now im driving a 91 DB teg that i picked up for 350 bucks. Needed a head and a window. I took head and had all valves redone and the car is bad ass now. maybe ill sell it for a Dohc motor. ty please lemee know if u can help.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...Engines&hit=15

Its the second from the bottom, looks like your gonna be paying 435 dollars not bad, why not go for something with more hp? Enjoy!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1st of all most of them came with lsd, they have a crank girdle, and a great rod to stroke ratio thus making em rev to 8k ez. i dont want to get a h22,b18c1 or 5,or b16. i have always loved the Sohc. I dont want to compramise the weight of the car. I dont know what it is but i am 100% intouch with my car when i drive and I want it to stay that way. Plus idc about 1/4 mile im into flat out 130+ on the freeway. This is where i get a rush. With a decent d15b ill throw down a 50 shot and laugh as i spank the average joe punk.

This brings me to a question since i said 130 mph above. What is the speed limiter at on al 93 si stock soch ecu?? mine lets me bottom out the speedo all the time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

im not sure, but is that page what you wanted?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by 93sidelsolvtec:
    1st of all most of them came with lsd, they have a crank girdle, and a great rod to stroke ratio thus making em rev to 8k ez.

This brings me to a question since i said 130 mph above. What is the speed limiter at on al 93 si stock soch ecu?? mine lets me bottom out the speedo all the time.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">On the LSD, it was an option, so it's not on every one(if it has LSD it's printed in black ink on the trans case on the top).

JDM motors are speed limited to 112mph, even the b16's etc.

Hope that gives some more info on them.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just have a 95 v-tec swap in my SI and it would do 120 easy. 112 mph? thats all?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JDM motors are speed limited to 112mph, even the b16's etc.

Hope that gives some more info on them.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx[/QB][/QUOTE]

Yeah but wouldnt just a ecu change that? Cause i was looking into a jdm b18c5 motor with somethin like 180 or 200 hp, and its still gonna have the speed limiter? If so wont a new ecu chip get rid of that?
    Kyle Vickery

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JDM... 112
    USDM... ???
    You could always get your ecu chipped. I dont know if JDM ecu's are better or if they are programed a lil stronger.
    Anyways that site says long block only. Im looking into the trany, block, intake manifold, and head, the whole deal. I dont want to mess around with it. If i cant find one ill just have to get working on my weird mini-me i wanna build.
    D16a6 block, D16y8 head,D16y8 intake manifold, D16z6 Si tranny. but that would be an all motor set up and i dont know if the extreme high compression from this will net enough power gain to actually do it.