Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anybody know what kinda bulbs are in the dash lights? (Speedo/Tach/Etc) Also, what's the best kinda paint to use on 'em? Arron, I know you've done this...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They just twist in, real small and way to dim for my tastes. They also have a coating on some of them if I remember right. The brightest is the one for the low fuel lamp ('95 up), it will fit in all the other lamp holes. I think it's 4 watts with most of the rest of them 1.4 w. I always wanted mine to back light up red but I could never see them when they were stock turned up all the way so I went to the Indiglos so I can see the gauges at night. Now I did see one car from Kai that had red back lite gauges (an SI) and they were bright and looked sweet (a night shot of them).

To get to your question, using model paint should work (a transparent color). Hope that helps you out.

Geo
    Team Sol of Washington

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I want to try a dark blue color, if possible... I know Testor's makes a transparent blue, but it looked like a light blue.

Regarding the bulbs again, do you think I could swap out the 1.4W bulbs for a higher wattage bulb? Where can I get replacement bulbs?

Oh, and on my HVAC controls, the first button, to blow air to the face, the light (LED?) is gone on that one...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As I stated above you can use the 4w bulb (low fuel lamp) in any hole the 1.4w fits. You can probably pick them up at an auto part store or the Honda $$$ealer.

As for the air control unit, I've hear it's a real bear to put the bulbs in, you have to take the unit out then take it apart to put them in. I haven't gotten into that yet, other parts of the dash, but not that as of yet. Also I think there are three or four bulbs in it if I remember right. Good luck bud.

Geo
    Team Sol of Washington

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As far as paint colors for the bulbs, i have used finger nail polish, it is laquer base and comes in some crazy colors, it will flake off eventually though. good luck