Thread: sol was in accident 2nite... ideas?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

was visiting my sister today and went out to dinner. after dinner i backed out of my parking place and just put the car in to 1st gear, ford f350xlt fourdoor came around the courner at some speed (not sure how fast), smacked my right rear bumper and caved it in with a big roll bar looking thing on the bottom of his truck (kinda like a running board). he gets outta the truck and immediately started yelling at me. kept my cool though and asked to exchange info. then he said he would call the cops (no problem here)... cops showed up and said that it was on private property with damage under $700.00 so no accident report was required, but to just exchange info and all was good. the guy in the truck really wanted to make a point to the cop that there was some significant damage to his truck and that i was clearly in the wrong. i am thinking that a sol not going backward or forward (just sitting still, going into gear) is not going to do much damage if any at all to a truck that big, but my sol is clearly boo booed. is there anything else that anyone can think of that i should look out for here? i already made a claim through my insurance company with my info and his. cop actually is going to file an acident report as to what he saw and that will be mailed to me. anyone think i could recieve some settlement out of this? not like i am going all out, just want my car fixed back to norm is all. thanks in advance. -brent

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Sorry, to hear about you Sol..I would think, as long as he had insurance and you were hit not the other way around that you his insurance agency would have to pay for it..If he, had insurance, and normally they never want to go to court and will try and talk to you first about it..I am, again sorry to hear about your Sol..I hope, she gets fixed back to normal..If you, end up looking for parts. AStar in Spokane, Washington..has the best deal for parts on Del Sols..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    body shop estimate on my car came out to $1400.00 worth of damage, geez... on another note i have a spare bumper cover in my garage was thinking about using this as a replacement part. the other guys insurance co. is coming out tomorrow to look at my car... hoping that this goes well...