Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Had 4 dyno pulls today. My numbers were interesting. Using steel wheels, with 195/60R14 tires. I got 152hp @7300 rpm, and 113ft Lbs @6400 rpm. Pretty sound. Next mods will be JDM ITR header, and Skunk2 intake manifold, with timing tune. Use aviation gas too.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Those are some good numbers Arron. Also remember I was going to send you that picture of the wheels, well I finally found them, so here it is.

dsc00004ex5

And yes these are 11 inch rotors with Legend calipers on a Sol. And no a 14 inch wheel won't clear the calipers, has to be a 15 inch rim.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 09, 2007 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Geo 94 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

if you're throwing on a Skunk2 intake mani, dont forget to go ahead and go with a larger throttle body, port match them, and machine the runners as well. Otherwise...you just wont see any real significant gains. go to maxbore.com to get your throttle body bored out for fairly cheap. And if you do decide to go with them...let me know so we can get a small group buy started. I have my throttle body ready pretty much. Just missing a sensor =/

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My sponsor PRE (Performance Race Engineering) has been doing most my modifications when I do them. They are the ones who suggest what I should use for what $ I have. They have been doing a great job on setting the car up how I want it to feel, and what I do with it. I was suggested a CTR intake manifold, but too expensive for now. Geo, mentioned Extrude honing, but again kinda expensive to what I have. Everything is great to do, but one thing at a time. The manifold will probably be the last power mod, before getting B20 to start building.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I did install that Skunk2 intake. True that there wasn't much of any gain. We found that the restriction lies at the throttle body and intake tube. We disconnected the tube at the TB, and had a 12 ft lbs gain around the lower end. Not much anywhere else. I know that B16A TB is a 60mm opening. ITR is 62mm. I may be able to get a ITR TB in trade for my stock. Or little $ for it. I am definitely thinking of that boring job. If I get a new job here soon that pays more. I just may do so.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Rodamus:
    I did install that Skunk2 intake. True that there wasn't much of any gain. We found that the restriction lies at the throttle body and intake tube. We disconnected the tube at the TB, and had a 12 ft lbs gain around the lower end. Not much anywhere else. I know that B16A TB is a 60mm opening. ITR is 62mm. I may be able to get a ITR TB in trade for my stock. Or little $ for it. I am definitely thinking of that boring job. If I get a new job here soon that pays more. I just may do so.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">From what i've been lead to believe was that port matching the tb, im, and head all needed to be done to see the real power potential. I havn't done it YET myself of corse. but i do have a skunk2 im but no longer the tb =/ which i had planned on getting all matched up. i understand though, doing all that machine work definately isn't cheap.