Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

hey guys, I have been looking around for tires that are good to fit the stock rims, and also have good performance and wear ratings too. No one better to ask then you guys. Thanks for the help.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Delsolboy:
    hey guys, I have been looking around for tires that are good to fit the stock rims, and also have good performance and wear ratings too. No one better to ask then you guys. Thanks for the help.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Since you stated a tire with "good performance and wear ratings" I would look for a "All Season" tire with a high wear rating. Look on the Tire Rack website for a start and see what's out there as tires change all the time, what was good last year may not be this year. When you pick out 3 or 4 tires then look to see if you can find some user feedback on the ones you picked out, so you can get the real world feel on them. That's what I did when I got new tires for my car, I ended up with an All Season tire with a wear rating of 460, Temperature rating of "A" and Traction rating of "A" at $60 a pop. I now have about 25K on them with little wear showing so far (the car is lowered), still grip as well as new, not the best gripping tire out there, but it does well for everyday driving with a little spirited driving thrown in there.
    I'm not going to name brands here, ok, others can if they want. Good luck on you hunt.

Geo
    President
    Team Sol of Washington

banner38qx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Michelin makes a lot of very nice all season tires. i work with michelin and bfgoodrich tires all day. Bfgoodrich are better summer tires in my opinion but michelin takes the trophy for all season performance. If you do decide to get into michelin...i can get into a little more depth on which model tire would suit you and your price range.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Right now I have been looking into both the bf's and the michelins. I have also considered some yokohamas, but not really sure as of yet but like all three for choices and for their reviews. Mostly I just want something thats going to wear well, but not something that's goin to last forever, but at the same time its goin to have good grip when I need it too during some hard driving. My budget it about five hundred to get tires now and some competition tires for the summer fun, when that comes. thanx for the advice geo. Also I have been reading about rims and tires sizes and how they can affect performance, I want to have something that's goin to handle well, as well as look fairly well. I have seen some del sols with gsr rims on them and they look good, so I am considering them. But If anyone can through some advice toward that it would greatly be appreciated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love my Toyo's and they are all season. They run about 105 bucks each but they have a 100,000 mile warranty so I'll need to worry about another car before i do about tires. Ha Ha..i went to Schwab.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

as far as bfgoodrich vs michelin, your price range, and what seems that you are looking for...i'd go with the bfgoodrich g-force sports. very good tires especially for the price. I'd give you an idea on price but of corse...it all depends on what size you'd need. michelin's generally have a bit softer sidewall versus bfgoodrich meaning...michelin's are geared a little more for all season comfort and safety. I'll tell you though...i'm currently running some Michelin Pilot Exalto AS' on my 89 hatch and did wonders in the snow.