GI Camouflage

ID GICamouflage

I was a PFC in the jungle wars of '65. When my weapon jammed I got seperated from my search party. The enemy was closing in and I was already counting my fate. Then suddenly a big marine appeared at my shoulder. He simply said thet the boys called him Camouflage. At that moment the VC attacked again.

We fought all night and I wondered how the bullets missed this man, 'cause they seemed to go right through them just as if he wasn't there. When the ambush came on top of us he just plucked a bullet right out of the sky... a bullet with my name on! He even pulled a big palm tree right out of the ground to swat those charlies with it. When we were out of danger he winged at me from the jungle and was gone.

Safe at my HQ I learned that Camouflage was already there... In fact he was there all week long and had passed away that night. The medic gave me his dogtag. Now whenever the weak are in danger, he would appear. Taking over my body. This never stopped, even after my son inherited the dogtag.