Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome back, Melfice! You've got a great job, congratulations.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've done lots since my last time here. Of course, i'll just say what i'm doing at the moment. My history at Sega will have to wait for now!

In the mean time, i am currently at the end of a foundation course to allow me entry to an animation course for the next three years. With bold ambitions and endless determination, i plan to pass and make great successes.

My love life is looking mighty good. My girlfriend is awesome and beautiful. I just need to work towards ridding the annoying quirks about her.

Internet wise, i'm enjoying mostly 4chan a lot. And thats really it. The internet is boring these days.

Right now, i have a massive deadline, so i'm gonna finish this post here and maybe actually do some work.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heh, you Europeans and your good jobs already.

I'm still in college, third year next year, spending my spare time on games, books (Mostly regular books, but I keep up with several manga series and occasionally go back and reread old series, or spend a night downloading and reading a series I've never read before), and of course my girl. Which is where my only real news comes from for you guys. I'm engaged. The best part? She's a redhead named Lina. Funny announcing it here, where my name's from Slayers. We've been together for four years, now.

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Woah, sorry ive neglected this thread until now; there are so many people to reply to here, and so little time! I'll do my best, however...

--------------------------------------------------

IRT Xellos - Congratulations on the engagement! Im glad to hear you've found a girl you feel this strongly about. When do you think you'll be tying the knot? Its also nice to hear you havent lost your passion for games and manga, even with the undoubtedly more hectic time schedule..

IRT Wiseman - Good to hear you've settled into your job and making good progress. It sounds like you're really involving yourself with the work, and i imagine having your dad around must help with workplace confidence. I also agree entirely with what you said about it being good to have a knowledgeable chief; you cant be a productive company if your leader doesnt know what talents s/he has hired. Ive noticed government-run businesses are especially guilty of this, as well as those that are subject to executive reshuffles, mergers or take-overs (Sega, Square Enix, and of course, Sony, are great examples of this). Anyway, its good to know your programming skills arent being wasted under that kind of leadership.

As for Windows Vista...yeah, i agree. I may follow suit and adopt Linux, since i know sooner or later Microsoft are going to pull the plug on the XP security updates. Are there any new-user friendly versions of Linux that you'd reccommend?

IRT Nevan - Judging by your comments on your girl, the flipped truck, and the imminent high school graduation, it looks like your doing pretty well. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Im in the same position as far as 360 time is concerned, but i'll no doubt see you on there a lot more when Halo 3 hits. Also, i noticed your gamerscore on Live; good job. Looks like some serious time and effort went into GoW and Oblivion, and i doubt i'll be able to catch up anytime soon.

IRT Dreamer - Wow, another girlfriend for a granaboarder! That totals up to 4, by my count. Its also good to see your challenging life and the outside world the way you described. Sounds like your much happier now.

And on this day especially, i should hope you are. Happy Birthday! (And good luck with your final exams).

IRT Alkimistu - Hello! Good to hear your feeling much better, both physically and socially. I know how hard these inner struggles can be, and im glad you manage to push through it. And yes, i think this board represents a lot to all of us; we developed skills and an awarenesses for so many things here. Its like an archive of our memories.

IRT Melfice - Adverts on public transport? You must be doing pretty well. That must be pretty encouraging to see as you make your way to work. [img]smile.gif[/img]

IRT OCB and Raij - Havent heard much from either of you for a while. Good luck on your coursework/exams, and hope to see you sooner rather than later.

--------------------------------------------------

As for myself, i'll summarize my last year as briefly as i can:

As far as education is concerned, i passed an extremely intensive one-year course in Music Technology last year. This year i tried to advance on that success with a degree, but after a few months i'd decided i'd had enough of the subject at an academic level. I'll still be composing on my guitar and piano, but it'll be strictly recreational for the time being. So instead, i recently made alternative arrangements, and ive thankfully been accepted into another University, this time to study English and Creative Writing. I'll be starting in September, and im very much looking forward to it; english has always been a strong passion of mine, long preceding even music.

Its a long wait though, so in the meantime, ive been employed by a very well-known videogames company as a games tester. I dont have any girlfriend to worry about, so it looks like this will receive my full attention. Ive done this work before, finding that once you've tired of the game at hand it ends up being a monotonous process like any other job. But, at the end of the day, it is a solid income and it'll keep me on my feet until September - although having my name in the credits is a notable bonus.

As ive mentioned before, i had my 20th birthday last month, and in celebration i bought myself a 360 which ive since been playing fanatically. Otherwise, ive been reading lots of books (mostly rennaissance classics, in preparation for the english course), learning Beatles tunes on the guitar, ukulele and piano, and visiting friends around the country. Ive also been fast developing an interest in western graphic novels (mostly Alan Moore's work), which i consider to be a very underrated, and unfairly maligned medium that i only wish i'd discovered sooner (and urge you to discover if you havent already).

And thats about it! With the near-future considered, ive got a pretty busy summer lined up. I have two holidays organised: one trip to Venice with my family and cousins, and another immediately afterwards to Bulgaria with my friends (Raij and OCB included). If i were to speculate on the distant future however, i'd like to imagine myself teaching English in Japan after im done with university - but that might be a little too distant for me to back it up with any kind of guarantee. Generally though, i'd say things have proceeded quite positively over the last few months, despite the set-backs involving my first University.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ May 04, 2007 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

IRT Xellos: Congratulations! Wow, engaged this young. You're lucky. Now you need to read more shounen manga, to be sure you're wise enough to deal with the issues.

IRT Cata: English and Creative Writing, I think it suits you as well. Lots of luck! And you're beta-testing again; I'm sure a lot of people would kill to be in your place, despite being monotonous after a while. It's great you'll be visiting Venice and Bulgaria, be sure to tell us how it went. I'm thinking of visiting Italy myself, but this year we're busy with other projects so we've arranged our typical holidays in the coast.

By the way, I'm thinking of taking Japanese classes starting this summer. I suppose the kanji will bite but I'll give it a try. I don't aspire to move to Japan, but better knowledge and understanding of their culture, as well as being able to enjoy Japanese media will be worth the effort, and perhaps I could get a job involving Japanese here in Spain in the future, which means more money because few people know.

Happy birthday, Dreamer!

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone ^^

And grats Xellos, now you're a slave [img]tongue.gif[/img] j/k