Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Everyone has 2 costumes, as well as another 2 of the same that allow you to change their colors.

Soph's got the best face now out of the main characters.

Taki's still got those disgusting triple Fs.

X is good looking as always, and yes, has a nice ass.

Mina's looking her best, and her second outfit is her best yet.

Talim looks cuter, but her outfits got worse.

Tira's got cool hair in her second outfit, but she's slutty looking.

Setsuka's fugly. She's also got a theoretic infinite, which comes from her glitch throw which gives her a free launcher <<

Yeah, once you have 308 female parts for create a soul, or 2000 battles, you can buy the Type X parts, which are XS1 KOS-MOS's hair and outfit.

Oh, and this girl has the best face and the best outfit yet: http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7788/amyb2so.jpg

She's Raphael's reason for breathing, Amy. Hopefully she'll be a full fledged character in So Cal 4, rather than just a Create a Soul style using one.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ November 06, 2005 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I keep hearing amazing stuff. Female parts? As in "tits A, tits B, ...", "neck", "arm"? Can you make custom characters with them? And then you can make KOS-MOS with C-cups, Elly's ass, possibly Talim's face, and her hair and costume? This game looks awesome. Can you summarize its other creative features (like custom intros, gallery, etc.)? It looks like I've found my christmas gift.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, bodies are all the same. All are average height, avereage boobs.

The parts are for:

Hair
    Head (Helmets and such)
    Chin (Masks and such)
    Face
    Lower torso (Bras and undershirts)
    Mid torso (Shirts and dresses)
    Upper torso (Jackets and armor and such)
    Waist (Belts)
    Arms (Gloves)
    Shoulders (Shoulder armor)
    Neck (Capes, mufflers, and necklaces)
    Lower Legs (Underwaear, leggings)
    Upper Legs (Pants and skirts)
    Shins (Shin guards)
    Feet (Shoes)
    Socks (...)

You can customize all of that color, as well as eyes, eyebrows, skin, and lips.

Some examples I found on GFAQs:

Ryu Hayabusa
    http://www.shadow-raven.com/sccaws/ryu.jpg
    Sephiroth
    http://www.shadow-raven.com/sccaws/seph.jpg
    Cloud
    http://www.shadow-raven.com/sccaws/cloud.jpg
    Itachi
    http://www.shadow-raven.com/sccaws/itachi1.jpg
    KOS-MOS
    http://www.shadow-raven.com/sccaws/kosmos.jpg

He put a bad face on KOS-MOS though, I think.

As for other features, it has the same museum features the game's always had, the story now can split in otns of way for each character, with around 10 videos total in cutscenes, for each character. The Chronicles of the Sword mode is a strategy game where you do the fighting with your custom characters rather than letting the RNG and stats decide.

Mission mode has the standard fight 8 people arcade mode, as well as a 8 or 10 other modes, like survival.

There's at least 315 parts for males and females. Not sure if there's any more than that. Eight weapons for regular characters, 6 weapons for each create a soul discipline.

However, the game does have some glitches discovered that change competitive levels of play (G]225_885 right after you input a mvoe completely makes GIing it worthless, as you recover faster than the person who GIed), but that only affects competitive levels of play, which I don't think anyone besides Bj and myself ever play at with So Cal games.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ November 06, 2005 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds powerful enough, and I bet 90% of everybody's custom characters mimic other videogame/anime/manga characters. Can you store many of them? And what about the whooping 2000 battles you have to fight for the KOS-MOS parts: do you have to win 2000 battles, or play them? Can you do them in very easy mode, very short life and timer? If so I could pay my brother to get them done.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just play them. And there is no difficulty setting. ANd you cna just beat Chronicles of the Sword mode to get all the female parts available to buy.

And you can store... 9? I think.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ November 06, 2005 03:15 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think I have played 2000 battles in SoCal 2, and I must have played little over that in SoCal 1. I just don't have that kind of time. Maybe I'll have more once I'm done with my project, enter the company full time, and get to work only 8 hours a day.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I meant all you have to do is play them &lt;&lt;

Fastest way would be going to vs. mode, 1 round, setting life to 0%, and just hitting the other one time.

Or just go through Chronicles of the Soul mode.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, I see &gt;_&gt;;

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bah Cloud looks so boooooo . . . Seph is even worse T_T Anyhoo but YAY! They have Ryu, I always like how he had those killer thighs lol. Although it'd be nice if he had Shinobi's super long scarf for an accessory.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I HATE this game........... wait, if that didn't sink in....... I HATE SOUL CALIBUR 3. Badly.

First off, they didn't fix a two main glitches in the game, 2g garbage (which is now g22) and Kilik/Mina's recovering faster than you in time to launch you if you break their 1A+B/3A+B (I think those are the moves, I don't play either of them).

Other than that, the entire game is half assed. Thanx to the damn CaS garbages the whole cast of SC was lobotomized. Raph went from a total of 4 prep stances to one, Raph has NO guard breaks (which almost every one else in the game has), Raph also lost his ability to auto GI verticals. Raph's moves were also made needlessly unsafe with far less advantage on hit, pretty much all he had going for him in SC3, they also fucked with his auto evades and gave him a stance that will be worthless in the long run, they also took out his counter options from Prep stance, in return he lost a lot of key tools for some new gee whiz shit that won't let him hold up in high comp play in the long run.

Rock who I was also interested in playing has had a nerf bat rammed up his ass. His 214 A got nerfed, his frame data sucks, his damage is weak as hell. Astaroth got a mysterious upgrade and Rock got a mysterious downgrade and he wasn't even all that powerful in SC1 or SC2 (as berserker).

Sophie and Cass are busted sluts now that are retardedly powerful. Nightmare got fucked with a LOT, both Seigfried and Nightmare got jacked with in stupid ways. Xianghua and Cassandra now have crouch grabs which is fucking gay because only Asta, Rock and any other big characters that may have made it into SC3 should have crouch grabs. Speaking of grabs throw are hard as fuck to do post block or hit so if you're planning on a decent post block throw game or something you're sol.

Mitsu has some broken shit and now gets totally gay damage off his 2KB, and has new glitchyness that gives him stupid potential (although it is sort of counterable because of another glitch).

Setsuka, Soph, Cass, and maybe Taki and Tira and MAYBE Mitsu and Zass will be playable in a year or so by my guesstimates, I hope I'm wrong but as now SC3 is a force crouch and 2a bonanza that turns it into Tekken with swords, what a shitty way to treat a great franchis Namco.

Also, due to CaS it's highly likely that the reason so many characters were simplified and watered (dumbed down) was so they would be balanced with the CaS shit. Also for some reason most guard breaks in the game yeild no returns, in some cases after blocking a guard break your character might actually be at a disadvantage. GOD I HATE THIS GAME. If it wasn't for friends who still like it I wouldn't play it and it's been out for like 2 weeks. That's the sad part how much bad shit we've found and how fast it's been found, I give the game maybe a year and that's being generous.

---B.j.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast