Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been thinking on the future of the Granaboard as a community. I suppose I don't have to post about the current state of it (we're just 6-7 people posting something every few days, and the web site is abandoned).

Guys, it was great while it lasted and it's still great today as many of us still chat via IM. However, the Granaboard is kinda dead, face it. I'll remember it as the best community I've been part of, but things die with age and the Granaboard is pretty much there.

I have considered and started several projects to make a larger community in the past, but all projects were hit by four factors: my lack of time, lack of support, the fact Xenosaga (which I thought of officially incorporating to the community) sucks after Ep 1, and the fact Grandia 3 is not up to Grandia 2 and not popular at all. Due to this, I have lost the interest in maintaining the Granaboard as it is.

During this little break I took, I was posting at another community, Hongfire. I've found in Hongfire much of what we had in the best ages of the Granaboard, including a large anime/manga/games/hentai oriented community with a thousand posts per day (actually, Hongfire is much larger than GB ever was), a nice atmosphere, people up to take things seriously, lots to discuss, helping folks, and freedom to talk about pretty much anything (within reason) and little censorship. This helped in me losing interest on the Granaboard; there's another good community and no need to duplicate efforts making new ones.

I propose the remaining Granaboard members to evaluate and move to Hongfire. I believe you will find Hongfire a quality board, and as fun as the Granaboard used to be. The community is larger, but you can still get to know the people who posts at one or another board. I'm usually posting at the General, Pub/Bar and HF-Hentai boards.

My name in Hongfire is MrWiseman. If you decide to move, please use your existing nickname or let me know of your new one, and when signing up, if you see any kind of referal field to fill, please let them know I (MrWiseman) invited you, it enlarges my e-penis, thank you.

However, I'm willing to hand over the Granaboard and its rights to somebody of this community who wants them, too. If you have a plan to make the Granaboard alive again and want to take care of it, you can become the next Granaboard maintainer; PM me and we'll discuss the details.

I'm now planning a much different website (and maybe this time I'll actually get it done [img]wink.gif[/img] ) which will not have message boards, at least not in its initial release and not without additional staff members. It's an original idea for a service not currently provided by any website. I'll let you know of this if I finish it and upload it, and past Granaboard members may be offered to become part of the staff of this new website if they want.

Please post your opinions on this issue (moving to Hongfire), or PM me with your plan to make the Granaboard alive so you can have it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's been great being around the granaboard while its been here so first off, thanks wise for doing all you've done to keep this place running as long as it has. and about moving to hongfire, i don't see myself making the switch, but others most likely will. hoping someone is willing to pick up this place but i don't think anyone around here has the time as it stands now.

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's simply impossible to tell how many things I can thank for this board, for this community. I had the best two years in my life with you guys, sharing everything I could. I guess I have to learn to move forward...

I'll keep this board forever in my heart, and basically, I cannot forget it because whatever I do, listen to music, watch animes, play games, it all link me back to this site.

Hope I can still grab Grandia III. one day. I think I have all of you on aim or msn, or even yahoo. Will try and stay in touch.

Finally, but not least, Thank You Wiseman for maintaining this site and bringing me much joy. Great work! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Please never delete, or remove this site from the big world called internet, be that my last wish.

I'm a bit disappointed in myself, for not being able to keep my promise to post everyday, but I have to bear with this myself. I'll still post some things here I think, it's hard to abandon it.

Also sad, that I don't think I could maintain a site, and bring it to bloom again, but I hope I can find a similar feeling on Hongfire (already registered Mr. Wiseman [img]wink.gif[/img] ), see you there.

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] Thank You, Granaboard!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i dunno, i guess it's just the way of things. i mean when i think back, i used to have contact with a shitload of people, now i see maybe 7 at most on aim.

bojack - once in a blue moon thing at this point, but last i heard from him, hes got some personal adult issues to deal with

dragonrider - your guess is as good as mine

crazy elf - once in a blue moon, but thats always been the way. actually been hearing from her a bit more frequently lately.

lithius - see dragonrider

eiko - mod at gamefaqs, haven't spoken to in ages

corydroid - see on aim once in a while

the rest of the gfaqs soa board - went to vyses page, but i never signed up or remembered the url. course i hadn't spoken to the current members in a good while either now that i think of it.

and too many more i can't really recall anymore because it's been that long. time just moves on like that, but seriously look how long it has lasted. i mean the game came out in 2000, and at this point is still probably THE rpg i've ever played and completed the most.

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the good times here everyone. Also, thanks for creating the website, and working hard to keep the board alive, Wiseman. I think you should be proud to have kept such a small community running for such a long time.

I already had myself signed up at hongfire (mainly so i could access the torrents). My name, as always, is "cataferal", and i'll be lurking those boards. Hope to see you guys around there, and if not, then on a messenger service.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, it is indeed the law if the life, it ends somewhere in the future, but in my opinion, the life returns every now and then whenever any of us make any post, at least, to peek what are doing the others. Closing it? i don't think that's the right thing to do, maybe it should be left to "fade out"

In other words, do nothing to mantain it, but don't kill it.

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, message boards never go out with a bang, more like a descending cadence (or a whimper, if you want to be less poetic about it). This one is sure descending slowly though - thanks in no small part to the fact we just cant keep away from this place. Its sort of like a shared blog now, you know..."what are you doing now?", "what are you reading, playing, listening to, etc...". I quite like this new routine; we only post when we truly have something new to say to each other.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ January 03, 2007 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Cataferal; the board barely gets a post per day (average), but they're all important and worth reading, so we keep coming back.

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shall I say it's still my homepage, or I don't rly have to tell you guys? forums

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's still the only board I truly visit and post on except for halo.bungie.org and xbox360achievements.org and I don't post on those that much. Lots of good memories here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast