0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://www.chooseveg.com/animal-cruelty.asp

Today the majority of farmed animals are:
    ● Mutilated brutally, without any painkillers
    ● Confined to the point that they can barely move
    ● Denied veterinary care
    ● Transported under terrible, inhumane conditions that often end in death from starvation
    ● And finally slaughtered, often while fully conscious.

Every year dozens upon dozens of billions of cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys and fish, each a unique individual capable of experiencing happiness, joy, loneliness, pain and frustration, are killed for their flesh, milk, and eggs.

Fortunately, each one of us has the power to help end this suffering by simply choosing to eat vegetarian. And while you think about it, for the love of all things good, don't buy cheap. Buy from less shamefully dishonourable companies that offer certain guarantees, such as eggs from chickens bred in liberty (these products are also much healthier for you), and reject anything that has been manipulated by pure evil, "mad scientist" corporations such as Monsanto (in this case, it's more of a matter of health than anything else).

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ June 15, 2008 03:10 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hear you loud and clear, and I give you my whole-hearted agreement on the matter. Im almost tempted to go vegetarian myself, having seen several documentaries on the subject already. Until I've fully decided, I'm more or less refusing to eat anywhere that is supplied meat from unethical/ambiguous sources. What that means is, if I dont know, I ask; and if they dont know, I leave.

That said, due to this issue being so widely recognised, most corporations (fast food chains etc...) have taken initiatives on green peace and ethical treatment of their stock. It's far less than ideal, but whether Mr McDonald likes it or not the scene has had to change to keep their custom. For me, though, I simply dont go to any fast food "restaurants" purely on the grounds of maintaining good health and hygiene.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ June 15, 2008 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm very glad to hear from you. And I salute you for your understanding and kindness to animals!