Thread: Games: So, guess who developed Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Read on... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Iwata
    We were introduced to this company by Miyamoto-san. You can share the name if you like.

Sakurai
    Oh, okay. It was Game Arts. It was just after they had finished Grandia III and they told us that they had some staff free. So, we decided to leave the main part of preliminary development to them while we began to hire remaining staff. We did so by looking for people specifically for the Smash Bros. Brawl title.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,sans-serif">http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/ssbb/vol1_page1.jsp

It's stated on Volume 1, Page 3 of this interview between Iwata and Sakurai (the main proprietor of the SSB series).

Casual perusers of this board will be interested to know that MonolithSoft (also now owned by Nintendo) also helped in the development of this game, at last reuniting them with long-time collaborator Yasunori Mitsuda (one of 40 other composers who helped with the OST).

It's also the fastest selling Wii game so far, reaching 1 million sales in just 2 weeks, garnering unanimous praise from fans and critics alike. Furthermore, it received a rare 40/40 score from Famitsu last month. Which isnt bad (about on par with Nintendogs then [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

So well done, Game Arts!

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ February 25, 2008 02:48 AM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Indeed. I will be buying it when it comes out over here, next week. Looks like it will be a lot of fun. My friend has already played the Japanese version of it, and said it is amazing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't have a Wii right now. I plan on getting one in the future but for now I hope my friend picks up the game.