Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn, having your adolescence recorded is pretty great

Hey guys, been awhile (four years? from the looks of it). I've got a lot of free time right now (more on that later), and went on a nostalgia binge and reread a lot of this place. It's been ten years since this version of the board was created, and man, I can hardly believe what an annoying little shit I was, even at 15. I'm sure another ten years from now I'll be saying the same thing about this post, but eh, mid thirties me is a boring old dude, who cares what he thinks.

So yeah, last I checked in I was in third year undergrad, engaged, and just having decided what I was going to do with my life, teach college or high school biology. Now? I'm still engaged to the same girl, I finished undergrad a few years ago (double majors in bio and education), and I've decided what I'm going to do with my life. After undergrad, I lucked into a temporary job teaching high school biology, and partway through that year, I realized I do not want to teach, and realized that hey, I really want to be a doctor, why not take a chance and go for it. Spent most of that school year holding down the full time job teaching and studying for the MCAT, which I eventually took and kicked its ass with a 38N. I've spent this year doing a whole lotta nothing, substituing when I get called for it while applying and interviewing to schools. While I'm still waiting to hear from my number one choice (NYU), I've been accepted to one school already, so hey, hard work and guts and all that jazz, right?

A fun little sidenote here: The car I had been driving for around a decade? It was a Cavalier. Past tense used there because just the other week, I got t-boned on my way to teach by a student in the class I'd have been subbing for. So now I'm car-less, and rely on my fiancee's car to get around, which, unfortunately means I have no car most days. This would be what's caused all that free time I mentioned earlier.

Oh, and I'm still into anime/manga and games (here's my anime list if anyone cares Mister_Feeny's Profile - MyAnimeList.net), even if I spend more time with books and western TV than with that stuff. Hell, I still even post on GameFAQs' anime board. Some things never change, I guess? I did move almost entirely to western music though, (http://www.last.fm/user/nabiki87/ better'n a what are you listening to thread, I think)

So anyways, what's going on with you guys nowadays? I still talk to phaq regularly, and I talked to wiseman a bit over the years, but not recently. The rest of you should show up sometime and fill us in on what's going on. We could totally have a reunion or something.
    But, for a certainty, back then, We loved so many, yet hated so much, We hurt others and were hurt ourselves??? <br />Yet even then, we ran like the wind, Whilst our laughter echoed, Under cerulean skies??????

Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Damn, having your adolescence recorded is pretty great

Good Lord, it's been a while since I've last been here. Good to see you are still alive Xel =)
    Talk about being ashamed of who you were.. Hell Knight.. really? *shakes his head* Oh well, I guess I found that fitting back at that time, and I'm fairly sure I will find my current username (MoonTiger) just as painful in the future.

I'm leading just as a boring life as I did back then though. The only difference is that I'm in undergrad as well, travelling to and fro each day, with the exception of friday. Kind of takes its toll on me, so I'd like to rent a flat with someone when I get the opportunity.

I currently study English (in the same school and class as Dreamer does), as it was proven that I'm too dumb to study informatics a few years ago. I'm aiming at becoming an interpeter/translator, possibly finding a job in the literature department (fantasy possibly, as the Hungarian translations suck..) but I'm not too picky

Just as Xel, I'm still pretty much into animes and other "geeky" things. Nowadays I mostly play the Mass Effect series and waiting for Guild Wars 2 to come out. My music taste didn't really change, but I moved much closer to metal instead of light-hard rock. And strangely enough I opened up to swimming, table tennis and billiards.

I really hope all of you are doing well, would love to hear about you all =)
    (Also, since this board was about Grandia.. Grandia 3 ladies and gents? I didn't like it)
    No, really? You spoke to whom about what?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn, has it been that long? I remember back on the GameFAQs board... those were some good times! Really wish they had preserved all of those threads, as I pretty much stopped coming around when everyone moved over here. Doesn't seem like there's much going on here these days.

Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To be honest, I'm amazed all this stuff is back. Last time I had checked, the entire forum had been wiped.

Quote Originally Posted by One Classy Bloke View Post
    Oh for fuck's sake, I was everything I hate now.

At least I still think I was right, regarding all that drama. Overall, my opinions never really changed. Oh wow, as I keep reading, Wiseman was pretty ill-informed. Cannabis destroys the digestive tract? Man... I wonder what an argument would be like between us now...

Also, the purpose of this post seems to be focused on looking into random old threads and getting a reminder as to the person I was. This post seems to be a stream of conciousness as I'm browsing my past here. Anyway, since this actually seems to be my 4000th post as well, I might as well give an update as to what I've been up to in life. Although, I don't really know where to begin.

Spent a year working at Sega Europe after my A-levels, studied Animation at University resulting in the production of this little animation.

God, it hurts to watch now... Since graduating, I've struggled to get into the industry and have had rely on... benefits. Thankfully not during the summers however, as I work at outdoor events for the past few years, dealing with traffic around the site. At present, I'm working at one of the Olympic venues.

Internet wise, I'm mainly browsing 4chan. I've had minimal involvement with this Anonymous hacker movement, acting as a passive observer much of the time. I had browsed Reddit for a time, but dear god, the community is disgusting and fuck that voting system. Basically amounts to crowd sourced censorship. You can't converse on that site, only agree with everyone else.

I'm not really in a bad place these days, but I have lost a fair bit of direction as to where I'm going. Then again...

Quote Originally Posted by One Classy Bloke View Post
    I'm not sure I ever had any direction. At least PSO2 turned out to be a really good game.

If you guys wanna get in touch, [email protected] or look me up on MyAnimeList (same name still). Obviously, it'll be tricky to find me on 4chan. I wish you all the very best.

Inactive Member CucoBerryAddict's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh jeez- I looked back and found some of my old account's posts... Cringe inducing embarrassment. I was thirteen and had zero impulse control, it seems.

Yeah, Grandia III was a disappointment. I played Grandia II again a few years back- It's still pretty excellent. There's something special about it- the characters, setting, and themes combine together to make something 'just right.' As to its significance.. I suppose that Grandia II set me on the path to becoming an atheist etc.
    It might be cool to see a next gen remake/update of Grandia II? Stranger things have happened, I guess. But probably not likely..