0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Granaboard 2013 virtual gathering

Quote Originally Posted by midnightryder259 View Post
    Well Merry Christmas and all.

Make sure he understands that Chrono Trigger is unique, and not remotely of a quality that he can generally expect out of the genre.
    I dunno, he's still in those heady days when nearly every game can do no wrong. I'm not too eager to take that away from him yet. I mean hell, there was a time when I thought FF VII was the fuck-ING BOMB and now I can barely stand the game outside the music maybe? He likes the game a lot and it makes me sad that so few RPG's have been able to touch the CT's quality. My kid even asked about Crono Cross and it was difficult to explain to him that CT = genius, CC = slop.

Senior Hostboard Member midnightryder259's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I remember those days...

Different strokes though, you know? He might legitimately, for the time being, like Cross.

Oh, and happy new year, and all.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Senior Hostboard Member That_Bojack's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, I remember those days...

Different strokes though, you know? He might legitimately, for the time being, like Cross.

Oh, and happy new year, and all.
    Happy new year to you too. I dunno if he'll like Cross. He has fairly similar tastes in gaming as me so I dunno if he'll tolerate the truly awful magic/battle system. Perhaps the excellent music, art, and presumably nice story will allow him to tolerate it. Also, fyi in case you read this in time, watch Awesome Games Done Quick 2015, it's streaming live until the end of Sunday, 24 hours a day.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Never been a fan of just watching. Rarely will ever listen to a podcast either(always hated talk radio).

Seems to strictly be on Youtube, but I've been watching an anime called Zillion. If that sounds familiar, there were 2 Master System games based on it, the first a metroidvania. The whole concept was based on Japan's version of laser tag, which I don't know if that was strictly Sega on the whole, but Opa-opa(Fantasy Zone) is featured in the anime, and the Phaser, the Master System's light gun, was designed after the original look of laser gun. The first 5 episodes were dubbed, not sure what happened from there as, considering the time, the dubbing was actually pretty decent.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Never been a fan of just watching. Rarely will ever listen to a podcast either(always hated talk radio).

Seems to strictly be on Youtube, but I've been watching an anime called Zillion. If that sounds familiar, there were 2 Master System games based on it, the first a metroidvania. The whole concept was based on Japan's version of laser tag, which I don't know if that was strictly Sega on the whole, but Opa-opa(Fantasy Zone) is featured in the anime, and the Phaser, the Master System's light gun, was designed after the original look of laser gun. The first 5 episodes were dubbed, not sure what happened from there as, considering the time, the dubbing was actually pretty decent.
    Worth checking out. Also, lie, cheat, beg, or steal to play Elliot Quest. Love the shit outta the game.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Something I'd been thinking about, or noticing anyway, is that I'm content with what I already do have to play. I haven't really been looking for anything new, and hacks and translations really open things up even further.

Also, from what I gathered of screenshots and the like, that looks too adventurous for my current tastes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Something I'd been thinking about, or noticing anyway, is that I'm content with what I already do have to play. I haven't really been looking for anything new, and hacks and translations really open things up even further.

Also, from what I gathered of screenshots and the like, that looks too adventurous for my current tastes.
    You been watching any newer shows?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by That_Bojack View Post
    You been watching any newer shows?
    No. Not sure I can trust video streaming. Got a new PC for Christmas, and video streaming has these 1-2 second image freezes every so often. Might see it 5 or 6 times during the course of a half hour. Minor, but still an annoyance.

Have been playing this: http://www.zvitor.com.br/projeto/mfa2.html (Can kick a lot of ass with my personal favorite), and especially this: Streets of Rage Online - The #1 SOR Resource Site and Fan Community It's always been my favorite genre, so that last one is pure bliss for someone like me(can probably ignore the 5.0a update).

P.S. would have gotten back to you much sooner, but for reason trying to make a reply wouldn't open up a text box to type into.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Holy shit, people are still using this board!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sort of. Obviously the reunion didn't happen, and we don't have a better way of keeping contact(I don't want anything to do with social networking).