Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Granaboard 2013 virtual gathering

Still, nice to see it hasn't been completely lost to time. It looks like at least a few people stopped in to say hi for the "reunion" a couple years ago.

Senior Hostboard Member midnightryder259's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Apparently I've been playing so much, I've had the stage 1 track(creatively titled "Go Straight" ) from Streets of Rage 2 in my head for a good portion of the last few days.

Edit: So they're apparently rebooting Duck Tales for 2017. Hope Alan Young lives that long, he's 95 now. If they thought to animate the character sooner, between the '50's and '70s, I think Alastair Sim could have been a great Scrooge McDuck.
    Last edited by midnightryder259; February 25th, 2015 at 09:25 PM.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Senior Hostboard Member That_Bojack's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HounDawg07 View Post
    Holy shit, people are still using this board!
    Who is this??? Seriously, if you're one of the old Gamefaqs Grandia 2 crowd that'd be excellent. Phaq and I have been using this board as our own personal message board "AIM type thing" for a year or so now. Basically it's only been us but we'd love to see the old board get started again, new people, old people, don't make a shit o' difference to me really. If you are an old timer, WTF you been up to?

So more Ducktales? No shit eh? Well, it's a bitchin' concept and there's not reaons why it couldn't work in modern times.

Also, Phaq, can you pm me a current email address? I'd like to stay in touch even if the Granaboard finally blows the fuck up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HounDawg07's been around a while. We used to use Instant Messenger back in the day.

Come to think about it, Alan Young could have been Scrooge back then as well. One of those Mr. Belvedere movies from the late 40's had him in it. Could have been over 60 years voicing the character.

I sent the PM, I don't have evidence that it got out though...
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, I was around back on GF. God, how long ago was that? Almost 15 years now? Sad they deleted all our old posts long ago, I would love to be able to go back and see what an idiot I was. Never really did manage to stay too active when this board was going.

These days I spend most of my time working, spending time with friends, or enjoying my alone time with my PS4. So, not much has changed, I suppose

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, I was around back on GF. God, how long ago was that? Almost 15 years now? Sad they deleted all our old posts long ago, I would love to be able to go back and see what an idiot I was. Never really did manage to stay too active when this board was going.

These days I spend most of my time working, spending time with friends, or enjoying my alone time with my PS4. So, not much has changed, I suppose
    Well do NOT be a stranger around here. I've been keeping up on this because Phaq is neat to talk to and also in hopes that some one old, some one new, some one borrowed, and some one blue would either stumble upon, or see if the old board still existed, see Phaq and I back to fighting the good ol' fight and try to get something that's been around for near 20 years going again. So even if it's only a couple times a month, drop by and say something.

It has been a long time, I'm 32, been married, divorced, have two kids, have had two major careers in the past ten years. Fuck it's been nuts for me. Still find time for Granaboard and still think about Grandia a lot.

BTW, Phaq, I got your PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't be the only one who will stumble back on this board after so many years. I actually have checked in from time to time, but when I would see that nobody has posted in a year or so, I figured I might as well just be talking to myself. Hopefully with at least a little recent activity, if anyone else stops by they will say something.

I feel ya. I'm 30 now and also been married and divorced, feels like a lifetime ago. No kids though. And every once in a while, I'll go to YouTube and watch some Grandia videos. One of these days I'll have to play through it again. I never was much of an RPG'er, but this and FFX are two of my favorites.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't be the only one who will stumble back on this board after so many years. I actually have checked in from time to time, but when I would see that nobody has posted in a year or so, I figured I might as well just be talking to myself. Hopefully with at least a little recent activity, if anyone else stops by they will say something.

I feel ya. I'm 30 now and also been married and divorced, feels like a lifetime ago. No kids though. And every once in a while, I'll go to YouTube and watch some Grandia videos. One of these days I'll have to play through it again. I never was much of an RPG'er, but this and FFX are two of my favorites.
    How'd you end up divorced? My wife left me cuz I didn't want to keep cleaning up after her lousy animals. Obviously you don't have to talk about this if you don't wanna. I'm likely to introduce my kid to Grandia soon. G1 is legendary.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by That_Bojack View Post
    How'd you end up divorced? My wife left me cuz I didn't want to keep cleaning up after her lousy animals. Obviously you don't have to talk about this if you don't wanna. I'm likely to introduce my kid to Grandia soon. G1 is legendary.
    Ha, I can relate! We had two cats and a dog. Sweet animals, except the cats liked to piss on EVERYTHING. Even got peed on in bed once. By the cat, not the wife.

Anyways, I digress... there were a lot of reasons. We got married really young (I was 22, she was 21) after dating through most of high school. There was a lot of good in our relationship but also a certain amount of dysfunction. She would often get really upset and overreact to trivial shit, or guilt/manipulate me into getting what she wanted - hence, three pets even though I'm super allergic. Of course, I was naive, thought I was just being the good guy by giving in to every demand. She also suffered from anxiety, depression, and self-esteem issues - most likely these things had a lot to do with how she acted.

Also being naive, I think I had hoped that getting married would somehow "fix" our issues. It seemed to for a little while, but she ended up cheating on me after less than a year, which ultimately is what ended things.

As luck would have it, around that same time I got laid off from my job. So needless to say, that was a really rough year or two for me (2009-2010). But after a while I was able to look back and see how unhealthy the relationship had been, and how stressed out I always was before. So don't feel sorry for me, because I'm doing quite well these days

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like inspiration for hemithood

Honestly, if you're going to bother, you gotta find someone you can live with for at least a year, before you pop the question. Stretch it out to 3, and it's definitely time to put a ring on it.

Also, never get pets, even if the kids want 'em. They do nothing but shit in the house all day. At the least, never get a giant dog. I feel for 'em but you don't need a creature that weighs 200 pounds, gets arthritis, and shits itself because it can't get up... on it's own...

For something positive, maybe, Netflix is rebooting a few '80's cartoons, I don't remember them all, but they include Care Bears, Danger Mouse, and Inspector Gadget. Gadget's CGI, so I don't know how many, if any, of the others will be traditional hand drawn.

Also, I kinda remember this board being about Grandia 2. I'm with you on the RPG's, but I was dumb enough to think they were more like Chrono Trigger, which was the first one I completed, instead of being the Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy clones 98% of them(from Japan) are. So yeah, Grandia 2, Chono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, and the Suikoden series are about all I could tolerate these days if I was going to bother(maybe the first couple Fallouts, and the original Diablo on the western side of things). Though really, I'd just rather hit up some beat 'em ups, run 'n guns, platformers, puzzle games, maybe try my hand at shoot 'em ups, which I've never been big on, possibly sports, same as shoot 'em ups(do greatly enjoy stuff like the Mutant League games though), etc.