Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Granaboard 2013 virtual gathering

Never played the original? You could win by literally slaughtering the other team. Some plays included bribing the ref and killing the ref. Other plays were super moves that would be impossible in reality. You could also just play a better game of football(or hockey, if you got that game, but you were way more likely to win by wrecking the other team in the hockey game, since you needed to target quarterbacks specifically in football). The funny part is, they used the engine for Madden '94, I think(since it came out in '93, and that's how these yearly titles seem to work).

I'd expect BJ to get this before anyone else, even myself so much as say, 3 years ago:
    B_NTqSOVEAA7lFK.jpg
    Last edited by midnightryder259; March 5th, 2015 at 09:30 PM.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Senior Hostboard Member That_Bojack's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midnightryder259 View Post
    I'd expect BJ to get this before anyone else, even myself so much as say, 3 years ago:
    B_NTqSOVEAA7lFK.jpg
    Cringer/Battlecat sure was badass. Never really figured out if his name changed when he did or if he became a mighty battlecat.

Also, I'd watch the balls out of a modern He Man live action done all Peter Jackson style (minus all the Peter Jacksony embellishment shit). Get those Dinosaurs from Jurrasic Park to star in it too. Dunno who would be He Man tho'.

Senior Hostboard Member midnightryder259's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That was from a Twitter post by the Senior VP of Production for Columbia Pictures, as apparently Sony might actually have a Masters of the Universe movie heading into production.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope they stay true to the source material and have He Man solve all his problems by throwing rocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HounDawg07 View Post

I'll give you the pattern recognition. I just watched a guy on YouTube beat Punch Out in one sitting, blindfolded. That game was nothing BUT pattern recognition (and reflexes). Still never beat it without cheating.
    Don't forget heaps of audible cues. The game would be impossible blindfolded with out them. That's how Sinster1 did it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Apparently there's now going to be 2 Ghostbusters movies. 1 all female, 1 all male. The latter is supposed to have Aykroyd and Reitman on it. I have no issue with the former, but it almost sounds more like liberal hyper feminism than actually choosing the best individuals to round out the cast, but then to go all male afterward...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midnightryder259 View Post
    Apparently there's now going to be 2 Ghostbusters movies. 1 all female, 1 all male. The latter is supposed to have Aykroyd and Reitman on it. I have no issue with the former, but it almost sounds more like liberal hyper feminism than actually choosing the best individuals to round out the cast, but then to go all male afterward...
    As long as Michael bay isn't involved I guess I'd be ok with both.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Why have there been 20 explosions before the theme song is halfway over?"

So, as I'm listening to "On the Dark Side" by John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band, have you ever seen either of the Eddie and the Cruisers movies?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think we lost Houndawg...................... bummer. He will be remembered for his 3 days of valiant posting. He was taken from us before his time. May God have mercy on his posts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by That_Bojack View Post
    I think we lost Houndawg...................... bummer. He will be remembered for his 3 days of valiant posting. He was taken from us before his time. May God have mercy on his posts.
    You ass. Can't a guy have a busy week? :P

I really don't know what to expect from the Ghostbusters movies. The original was so great because it was Aykroyd, Murray, et al in their comedic prime. I'll still probably see both, but I don't want to get too excited.

Either way, I need to go back and rewatch the original, it's probably been a couple decades since I've seen it. I used to love the cartoon series as a kid.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HounDawg07 View Post
    You ass. Can't a guy have a busy week? :P

I really don't know what to expect from the Ghostbusters movies. The original was so great because it was Aykroyd, Murray, et al in their comedic prime. I'll still probably see both, but I don't want to get too excited.

Either way, I need to go back and rewatch the original, it's probably been a couple decades since I've seen it. I used to love the cartoon series as a kid.
    Well, you are talking to a public accountant during peak audit/tax season so busy is no excuse. Loller, it's no biggie. Just playin'.

Anyways, I wonder if I went back and watched the Ghostbusters cartoon again if it would hold up. With my kids I've introduced them to old cartoons and only the old Filmation (He Man, She Ra etc) cartoons seem to have held up. Smurfs, TMNT (yes, TMNT), Transformers, GI Joe et al are horrid, lo production, terrible v.a., poor animation, asinine story........... the list goes on and on. As an adult it's very apparent that old 80's cartoons were unabashed toy ads. Modern kids shows are worlds better, Teen Titans, Adventure Time, even Kim Possible. Merch ads too mostly but there's a respectable level of quality kids didn't get in the 80's.

This being said, Zelda cartoon was/still is/will be the greatest animated anything of all time. Easily smashing Rock N Rule, Secret of Nimh, Alladin, even Frozen... all kneel before the might of "Excuuuuse me Prin-CESS!"