Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Granaboard 2013 virtual gathering

Senior Hostboard Member That_Bojack's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Granaboard 2013 virtual gathering

Speaking of streaming they got the games done quick speed run marathon happening soon, here's a link. Twitch it lasts the whole week.

Senior Hostboard Member midnightryder259's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure I have enough of an attention span to watch others playing video games.

I've been playing Mana Khemia 2(PS2, emulation. Not perfect, but playable), I played the port of the first one on the PSP, some time over 6 years ago anyway. These games are kind of addicting. RPG's about alchemy, the best part is that there are no random battles. When you create an item, you have a book where you can spend points, mostly earned in battle, on the 2 or 3 slots that open up for each item(3rd slot has to be unlocked by creating an item with a perfect 100 ether level, which takes better ingredients, or more importantly, better alchemy skills from the helper), which are how stats are improved, or skills gained. It's linear(about life at an alchemy school), but at the same time, you have all the time in the world to gather ingredients, points, money(you can buy ingredients too, in fact you can run a store to sell off key ingredients you made, to be able to buy them at the other stores), etc. It's one of those games where more mechanics open up the longer you play it. Takes a long time to beat though, and there's 2 perspectives you can choose to play from at the start. Not sure if I'd have the patience to ever see the other one through.

Edit: ...and I'm done with it. They expected you to new game+ it with the other character, but the first time around was 55 hours or so, and you still have to earn the points to unlock the stats/skills all over again.
    Last edited by midnightryder259; July 29th, 2015 at 08:50 AM.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't have the attention span to watch speed runs but you have it to finish a 55 hr game?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alright then, I guess I just lack the interest. It's a whole other thing to be doing it, than to be watching it.

Also, I didn't have the patience to extend it to a 75-100+ hour game(not sure how much the stuff that carried over might have reduced the time).
    Last edited by midnightryder259; August 8th, 2015 at 05:27 PM.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ha, understood. I recently got a Genesis and my daughter finished Green Hill Zone on Sonic 1 all by herself. Daddy's girl right?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Guess we'll know when she gets through Hard Crops.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She does have Contra Hard Corps too, may take a couple years tho'. Bit of an upswing on difficulty there. I had a nice SNES and Gen collection and I gave all my SNES games to my son, and all my Genesis games and systems to my daughter. I recently bought another Genesis tho and am starting a small collection so far for my own Genesis. I do "borrow" hers and play them anyways so till she moves out for college I have access to a tidy little Genesis collection.

Surprisingly enough, she finished the first world, then gave up and didn't play any of the second. Kids are weird.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Until she goes to college... Do you really think She isn't going to prefer a Playstation 6 to your "old fart crap," assuming she'll still care about video games by then? You were that age once, you know what it's like. Would you have preferred your parents 2600(hypothetically speaking of course, since people that age never seemed to get into video games on the same scale)?

I've been trying like hell with Streets of Rage 3. I think I need to get to the fan translation now. They made the game balls hard for the localization, but I think they tended to overdo with tossing enemies at you, with larger health bars than they needed. I got the "Super Axel" code to work last night, that was kind of crazy. He loses no health for using the desperation attack, and they changed what it was. So if it hits, it kills just about everything, and if it doesn't, he knocks everyone down when the animation finishes. Then they pour salt into the wound by having Max show up for the last screen shot of the good ending. Miss being able to use him and his boss-like damage.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midnightryder259 View Post
    Until she goes to college... Do you really think She isn't going to prefer a Playstation 6 to your "old fart crap," assuming she'll still care about video games by then? You were that age once, you know what it's like. Would you have preferred your parents 2600(hypothetically speaking of course, since people that age never seemed to get into video games on the same scale)?
    Fuck yeah she will! She likes Sonic, it's all details from there. I do have a 2600 tho' and at least my son likes it.

BTW, Phantasy Star IV is a holy hell brilliant game.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sweet, I finally fixed that quote message.

Yeah, PSIV is something else(if I haven't said it enough, after the Macro system, I can't see going back to individually choosing attack for every character, every round, in every other RPG...). You wouldn't have seen it coming from the others either. 2 wasn't bad per say, just grindy as hell. I don't hate 3 either, a lot seem to, I guess because it's such a departure from the rest(totally different development team and all).

P.S. I'm officially done with comic books. I actually say that with positivity. I decided once the Archie comics Sega/Capcom crossover was done, that'd be it for me. I can't keep up with Marvel and DC rebooting their universes in hopes of bringing in new customers, while constantly making new movies and TV series which keep going in their own directions as well. I actually look forward to being done with this.
    Last edited by midnightryder259; August 19th, 2015 at 11:14 AM.