Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Granaboard 2013 virtual gathering

Senior Hostboard Member That_Bojack's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Granaboard 2013 virtual gathering

I went to a comic book store and asked some cute girl working there why they kept reissuing new numbers for standard franchises and to hear what she claimed is mind numbing.

Senior Hostboard Member midnightryder259's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's a strange industry. Rather than trying to keep their fanbase and hoping to expand, they're trying to bring in a whole new one altogether, to go alongside the way movies based on them are written.

I'm actually, maybe 3/4 through the PC version of Knights of the Old Republic 2. There's a couple mods to include content that was cut from the final release, one that adds a small planet, and another that adds all the other extra stuff. For example, when I was playing it back in the day, I'm not sure copper and cyan were lightsaber colors, but there seem to be extra missions, possibly extra dialogue, and I'm not sure what else.

People thought the X-Box version was buggy. You can't really do any of the races here, which thankfully in this game, there seems to be nothing dependent on winning them. You float above the tracks for some reason. Sometimes voices don't load, and you miss out on the entirety of the conversation as the animations of the characters talking, and more importantly, the text that goes with, don't load as well(just the very end of what they were saying). Sometimes it just crashes, though that seems to have a fix, in turning shadows off. I still get in the habit of saving often just in case, but I haven't run into crashes since doing that.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home <-This is a good site for figuring out how to best get older PC games running on newer OS's. It explained that crash fix for me.

As for the game itself, aside from the main character, I've got 6 Jedi in my crew(4 converted), but I only have sabers for the main character and 5 of them, so the last one to become Jedi is going without for now. Haven't run into any staff style sabers either. Kind want to dual wield, since 2 sabers means you can customize 2 for maximum damage potential, but some characters seem like they'd be better off with a staff style. It's random, but I wouldn't mind finding more silver color lightsaber crystals either. Looks more white honestly, but I like it better than the other colors, kind of has a purer laser light look to it.
    Last edited by midnightryder259; August 23rd, 2015 at 02:08 PM.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OMG, totes got wrapped up in life and nearly forgot about the site. Will post more soon, I'm not dead. Promise!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so, if you take a super nintendo apart you can find it's incredibly small on the inside. You can also accidentally put Donkey Kong Country 2 in backwards and short out your save files. DKC's chip set still seems good but the save files were trashed.

You can also easily mod the SNES to play Super Famicom games by taking it apart since the region lock is a physical lock out via cart design.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pretty sure you can actually bypass region lockout through Game Genie codes. I know a Game Shark was all that was needed to play imports on the Dreamcast, and you didn't need to enter codes.

Huh, that was only 2 weeks ago? Doesn't seem like that short a period, considering I beat it 2 more times, then beat the original.

Currently on the Genesis version of Shadowrun. Talk about a slow start. Earlier I improved the hell out of some skills, only to find that I may have been alright, as long as I could have bought an Electronic Kit, which is basically a lockpick that works on up to level 4(out of 5, I guess) locks. Now it seems I'm finally going to be able to make some money, to afford some things, which is the games biggest issue, aside from it's karma system leading to tedious amounts of low paying fetch jobs early on, is that everything costs a ton.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shadow Run? There's a name I've not heard in some time! Last time I played that I was back in high school. I remember the game world being very imaginative.

BTW, you like Cuban Sandwiches?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^Never tried one, what in them?

I beat Shadowrun. Thankfully half skill level is all you need, since getting skills up is a real pain in the ass. Funny enough, attributes, which are much easier to raise, max out at the same level, 6. There's one area where you need a pass every single time you go there, and by the time you start doing stuff there, you're basically on the road to the end game. Which is just as well, because you really can't map it out like you can the other areas. It's mostly forest and caves(and thus random enemy encounters, which isn't as bad as they happen right there, in real time), with the occasional building you can walk into. Suffice to say, I wasn't getting through that without some directions.

To be honest, I can't say it's a very interesting game. Most of it was doing jobs just to build your stats, and it's almost mind numbing. I tried soloing a Shaman(mage) afterward, and it just isn't all that interesting no matter what class you're playing as.

I've been trying Shinobi III lately. I don't think if the SNES had gotten an original Ninja Gaiden, it'd be able to touch this. Sega was really on the ball with this one.
    Last edited by midnightryder259; September 18th, 2015 at 12:16 PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cuban Sandwhiches are an incredible delight of shredded pork, swiss cheese, various sauces and pressed bread. Throw in some various pickles or veggies and they're amazing!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Been playing a mod for Diablo, not entirely sure what it's called. It's the Diablo 1 HD mod, codenamed Belzebub(for the single player version). Basically, if you copy the diabdat.mpq file off the disc, and put it in the programs main directory, you can play the game on a modern OS, without the disc. The downside is they made it brutal. I don't know how much more I'll play of it in the future. I got to level 30, but that was repeatedly playing the lowest floors, and I'm not sure I can take Diablo himself. Some bosses (the recolored regular enemy types) are too much sometimes.

Nothing against anything else, but I kinda want to stick with the Genesis from here on out. Dig in a little more, what with the RTS's, sandbox games, Lucas Arts style interface point 'n click adventures(well, OK, just the Scooby Doo game, but still), and what not. Plus, when I need my beat 'em up fix, nothing tops Streets of Rage 2.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, it's been a damn month since I started having computer problems............ well, they're gone for now. Also, it's Halloween, I doubt you'll see this today but are you dressing up as anything? And what else you been up to man?