Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Granaboard 2013 virtual gathering

I always thought this was kinda funny: Lupin the Smooth Criminal - YouTube 7 years later and that's still up, but something I watched as recent as 2 months ago is taken down.

Was never a fan of his music, but I find it odd that that particular song was all but forgotten until Alien Ant Farm covered it. Saw the official video, and I thought it was a better video than Thriller. It filmed like an action short, but with his dance moves mixed in. For example, at one point he practically Judo throws a guy, but it was also just one of his dance steps. Of course it does get weird in the middle...

I tell ya, it aint easy going back and watching the old animations you grew up on. Especially if you were an 80's kid. You essentially saw animation sort of "grow up" with stuff like Batman: The Animated Series (1992), so it's weird going back and watching action shows from back then that are basically just goofy as hell. The He-Man intro is all kinds of hilarious now, though. A guy in a pink shirt, and purple pants, talking about receiving "fabulous" powers. Oh, and whoever says Ducktales gave you the worst earworm clearly hadn't heard the original TMNT theme song recently...
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Senior Hostboard Member That_Bojack's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awwwwwwwwwwww holy fuck it's cold, cold as dfukasdiofhqworh sdlkv whfsdhistiojhewr l;kfa vjksadf j shit. God dammit freezing the fur right off my balls. Anyways, phaq how's life?

Senior Hostboard Member midnightryder259's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Same as it ever was(without trying to channel Talking Heads...)

I take back what I said about 80's animations before. As long as you don't go in with the critical adult point of view, expecting award winning storylines, and just accept them for the goofy fun they were intended to be, it's not so bad.

Btw, your version of freezing probably sounds like spring time here.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midnightryder259 View Post
    Same as it ever was(without trying to channel Talking Heads...)

I take back what I said about 80's animations before. As long as you don't go in with the critical adult point of view, expecting award winning storylines, and just accept them for the goofy fun they were intended to be, it's not so bad.

Btw, your version of freezing probably sounds like spring time here.
    Dude, 80's animation was boss as fuck. They're the greatest commercials ever created. He-Man single handedly taught me that you can solve a heap of problems in life throwing boulders. Long live Lou Scheimer and Filmation....... including their Ghostbusters that was way crazier than the Real Ghostbusters which was the fraud.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Been doing anything on the video gaming front?

Last I played was some Streets of Rage 2. Those arcade style games are probably a lot deeper than anyone gives them credit for.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Been doing anything on the video gaming front?

Last I played was some Streets of Rage 2. Those arcade style games are probably a lot deeper than anyone gives them credit for.
    Most games can be a bit deeper than most play them................. for me?................... Ouya games like War Daddy and Bard's Tale and maybe some emu'ed old shit. Played NSMB2+ or whatever on the Wii-U today because my son and nephew think it's the shit that I can beat the game (can't convince them I used to be shitty like they are until I spent 20 years practicing.) but I'm moving tomorrow and will be able to get back on Live. So stay tuned and I might surprise you. Also, my son likes Ozzy and KISS so his music knowledge and taste are getting fairly sweet. Once again, Bojack and Phaq soldier on. Feels like some kind of high lander Last of Us shit up in here.

BTW, thanks for reminding me about the old fashioned beat 'em ups. Those'll be great to d/load to the Ouya for me and my kids.

BBTW, will be checking the board fairly often for the forseeable while to KIT with you and whatever other stranger might happen onto our oddball corner of the net.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This place is odd. I got a private message just to tell me you quoted me.

Honestly, I hate to break it to you, but NSMB games are a cakewalk.

Don't forget the shoot 'em ups, run 'n guns, fighters...what else is arcade?

Well, enjoy the music taste while you can. You know he'll turn to gangsta rap in his teenage years, just to piss you off.

Not sure what I'll be doing now. Been thinking of checking out Sega's 8-bit side. There a whole section of gaming I never noticed/got into.

Edit: February 3rd, 2014. 55 years ago today...
    [Edit] was a Buddy Holly video(no longer up at Youtube)
    Followed by a Ritchie Valens video
    Followed by a Big Bopper video(both these last 2 are still up, but screw it)[/Edit]

...a plane crashed, and took the lives of the 3 main performers (and the young pilot).

[Edit](VH1 documentary on the subject, 40 years later in '99, no longer up at Youtube)[/Edit]
    Last edited by midnightryder259; March 5th, 2015 at 09:43 PM.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This place is odd. I got a private message just to tell me you quoted me.

Honestly, I hate to break it to you, but NSMB games are a cakewalk.

Don't forget the shoot 'em ups, run 'n guns, fighters...what else is arcade?

Well, enjoy the music taste while you can. You know he'll turn to gangsta rap in his teenage years, just to piss you off.

Not sure what I'll be doing now. Been thinking of checking out Sega's 8-bit side. There a whole section of gaming I never noticed/got into.

Edit: February 3rd, 2014. 55 years ago today...

Buddy Holly & The Crickets - That'll Be The Day (1957) - YouTube
    The Real Ritchie Valens - La Bamba - YouTube
    Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace - YouTube

...a plane crashed, and took the lives of the 3 main performers (and the young pilot).

VH1 Behind The Music: The Day The Music Died (2-1999) - YouTube
    (^VH1 documentary on the subject, 40 years later in '99)
    Dude, get a 360 so you can play Radiant Silvergun, Spelunky, and Meatboy............ damn those are some games.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seriously, if you're just responding to the post above, there's no need to quote.

Really, I'm all set with what I do have for gaming. Plus Spelunky was a freeware PC game(and less random NES game, Spelunker). Less features I'm sure, but still. Also RS is an arcade game. ...and 3D, not my kind of dimension.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by That_Bojack View Post
    Dude, get a 360 so you can play Radiant Silvergun, Spelunky, and Meatboy............ damn those are some games.
    I quoted you for fucksies, same as this one. Radiant Silvergun plays strictly in 2d. It's less 3d than Grandia 2 which you played the balls off of yo.