Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Granaboard 2013 virtual gathering

Sega consoles in general are a lot more powerful than people tend to give them credit for. The Saturn especially requires a powerful PC. Which is funny, because I think one of the Dreamcast emulators doesn't even need as powerful a PC to run as the Saturn emulator(called SSF) does.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Senior Hostboard Member That_Bojack's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by midnightryder259 View Post
    Sega consoles in general are a lot more powerful than people tend to give them credit for. The Saturn especially requires a powerful PC. Which is funny, because I think one of the Dreamcast emulators doesn't even need as powerful a PC to run as the Saturn emulator(called SSF) does.
    As I understand it the Saturn was designed by an insane savant with brutally strong capabilities that could only be harnessed in his delusional fantasy. Mere mortals and their sanity could not comprehend the algorithms that could bring the Saturn to its destined greatness.

BTW, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is a terrific movie. One of the best. Clear your calendar until you've seen it.

Senior Hostboard Member midnightryder259's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All you have to do is watch one Segata Sanshiro commercial to understand the power of the Saturn.

I'm no expert on, but I'm no stranger to Eastwood either. Watch "The Outlaw Josie Wales." Damn good one right there.
    "And I've got one more silver dollar, but I'm no gonna let 'em catch me, no, not gonna let 'em catch the Midnight Rider." - The Allman Brothers Band, Midnight Rider

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All you have to do is watch one Segata Sanshiro commercial to understand the power of the Saturn.

I'm no expert on, but I'm no stranger to Eastwood either. Watch "The Outlaw Josie Wales." Damn good one right there.
    Those commercials are bloody brilliant. The one where the guy out runs the speed skater on ice with his barefeet. Classic shit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, haven't been around for a bit. Had some computer problems. And XBox 360 problems, and some car problems. 99 problems but a bitch ain't one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Meh, not like you're any more late to this party than anyone else.

Caught as much as I could of 5 seasons of Laverne and Shirley in the meantime. Was missing that for some reason(just remember it being on TV back in the day, along with all sorts of classic sitcoms, without needing a specialized channel for older shows). At least Lenny and Squiggy are always great to watch. Speaking of, I never realized the actor that played Lenny was Mr. Green in Clue. You can catch him in a few other minor appearances as well(well, he did leave the final season of L&S for Spinal Tap, too), like the cop that pulls John Candy and Steve Martin over in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, because they're still driving that burned up P.O.S.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yo, it's been a while. Got distracted an forgot about this place for a tick. Anyways, I find there are two kinds of people on Earth,

Those who mind their own business about Netflix originals and those who relentlessly badger every one to watch House of Cards an Orange is Black.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, TV as it was is going by the wayside.

Only makes sense though. Now people can watch what they want, when they want, and as much of it as possible.

Hell, Since last time I watched G1 Transformers. A lot of questions about who they chose not to use in the movie. I mean, they started using some of them in the next season, but still. Devastator, but no Omega Supreme, Menasor, Superion, Bruticus, or Defensor? They could have made a movie just about those 6 brawling (Omega with the clear advantage, since he's only 1 bot, so there's no pressure point that would turn him into 5 or 6 smaller bots). Heh, and apparently Spike married the only chick he ever dated. You wouldn't know it by the movie alone.

It's like G.I. Joe though, trying to remember everyone is such a friggin headache. He-Man and ThunderCats got it right, TMNT, come to think of it, as well.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, TV as it was is going by the wayside.

Only makes sense though. Now people can watch what they want, when they want, and as much of it as possible.

Hell, Since last time I watched G1 Transformers. A lot of questions about who they chose not to use in the movie. I mean, they started using some of them in the next season, but still. Devastator, but no Omega Supreme, Menasor, Superion, Bruticus, or Defensor? They could have made a movie just about those 6 brawling (Omega with the clear advantage, since he's only 1 bot, so there's no pressure point that would turn him into 5 or 6 smaller bots). Heh, and apparently Spike married the only chick he ever dated. You wouldn't know it by the movie alone.

It's like G.I. Joe though, trying to remember everyone is such a friggin headache. He-Man and ThunderCats got it right, TMNT, come to think of it, as well.
    I know it's nerd sin to say so but the old 80's Transformers sucked. The show was horrid, worse than anything else out there and GI Joe wasn't much better. The only good to come from the shows is neat robot designs.

But a movie has like, 2 or 3 hours tops. Have too many characters and it turns into something lousy like X Men 3.

I hope one day Wiseman or some one else from the old gang comes back to our little porch and sees us two old timers yelling at the clouds. Keeping this place alive!